NORTHWOOD FC   Tuesday 24th April 2018   HANWELL TOWN

Evo-Stik League South, East

  Northwood 2  Hanwell Town 0  

Dickson 89, Kouassi 90+1


Team line-up  
  Team line-up
1 Borja Loeches-Teixera     1 Sam Bunting
2 Isaac Olorunfemi     2 Chris Mills (70m)
3 Keir Dickson     3 Mason Welch-Turner
4 Wilson Chingoka ©     4 Oliver Duffy
5 Tom Gilbey     5 Wayne Carter
6 Lewis Hobbs     6 Peter Dean
7 Meshach Williams (65m)     7 Charlie Mitchell
8 Declan Nche     8 Alfie Cain
9 Jermaine Osei     9 Chris Moore
10 Evans Kouassi     10 Ricky Pither
11 Nebay Haile (65m)     11 Mergim Qarri
Substitutes     Substitutes
12 Jamie Fulton (65m)     12 Marco Afonso (70m)
14 Sam Oyeniran     14 Fredie Scarborough
15 Femi Azeez (65m)     15 Jarmal Joseph
16 Sam Afolabi     16 -
17       17 -
      Referee: Zack Ellis; Assistants: William Davis & Luke Donaldson      
  REPORT by Robin Piper  




Northwood finally ended the drought with a first win since January in the final home game of the season against local rivals Hanwell Town. Meshach Williams, Nebay Haile and Declan Nche returned to the Woods starting line-up while the visitors featured Northwood favourites Chris Moore, Wayne Carter and Peter Dean.

Northwood were the first to threaten as Keir Dickson’s free-kick deflected wide before an Evans Kouassi shot found the side-netting. Hanwell responded as Mergim Quarri saw a shot deflected wide while Oliver Duffy headed over from a corner.

Click image to read programme

Chances continued to be created at both ends as the match proceeded at a frantic pace, Kouassi rounding Hanwell goalkeeper Sam Bunting but unable to convert from a tight angle before Chris Mills shot against the Northwood crossbar  after a quick break.

Hanwell were looking increasingly dangerous as the half wore on, with Charlie Mitchell firing over after good work from Moore while Carter missed a gilt-edged chance to open the scoring as he miscued a free-header at the far post. However, Northwood were denied the chance to take the lead in first-half stoppage time as Bunting parried Jermaine Osei’s shot after Williams and Kouassi combined to create the opening.

Woods began the second half in a positive manner, with Haile testing Bunting with a long-range effort but there was no red shirt on hand to convert the loose ball.

Northwood made a double substitution on 65 minutes with Jamie Fulton and Femi Azeez replacing Williams and Haile. And Northwood appeared to be gaining the upper-hand with Hanwell increasingly pinned in their own half; Wilson Chingoka going close with a header before Fulton shot wide when well placed.

Woods continued to press and they finally found their reward as they took the lead with a minute left on the clock, Dickson driving the ball home for his first goal in Northwood colours.

And Northwood made sure of the win in stoppage time as Kouassi took the ball round Bunting to finish in style, allowing the Woods’ players and supporters to breathe a huge sigh of relief and to finally celebrate a win under  Acting Manager Gordon Boateng.