POTTERS BAR TOWN   Tuesday 6 December 2016   NORTHWOOD FC

Evo-Stik Southern League Division One Central

  Potters Bar Town 4  Northwood 0  

Scorers: Nathaniel-George 36, McCluskey 64,
Bennett 68, Grace 73


Team line-up  
  Team line-up
1 Ravan Constable     1 Montel Joseph
2 Will Wambeek     2 Louis Bircham (82m)
3 Garry Jones     3 Callum Wright
4 Carl McCluskey     4 Gradi Milenge (66m)
5 Sean Grace     5 James Budden
6 Ryan Forde     6 Louis Stead
7 Joe Bennett (78m)     7 Channing Campbell-Young
8 Chris Doyle (78m)     8 James Burgess
9 Michael Murray (77m)     9 Ryan Debattista
10 Eoin Casey     10 Ismael Ehui
11 Ashley Nathaniel-George     11 Luke Heneghan
Substitutes     Substitutes
12 Billy Baird (78m)     12 Joakim Ehui (82m)
14 Jordan Lawal (78m)     14 Alex Nolan (66m)
15 Lamar Simpson (77m)     15 Filipe Anjos
16 Shane Gilsenan     16 Myles Stephenson
17 -     17 -

Referee: Tim Donellan, Assistants: Jeffrey Aldous & Corey Snuggs

    REPORT by Alan Evans  



After the weekend’s home defeat against Kidlington, the Woods were looking to bounce back to winning form but with Mark Burgess still unavailable, the side collapsed to their worst defeat of the season against an in-form side who finally managed to get the better of Northwood after years of trying.

Yet the Woods could have taken the lead after just five minutes when a fine move saw Ismael Ehui slip the ball through to Ryan Debattista and he took it past goalkeeper Raven Constable before slotting goalwards only for defender Will Wambeek to clear off the line.

A good strike from Channing Campbell-Young just two minutes later caught a deflection but Constable managed to adjust and push the ball wide.

But after this bright start, Potters Bar began to press. Former Woods striker Michael Murray had a free-kick deflected over the bar and from the resulting corner Ashley Nathaniel –George headed well over. Chris Doyle’s shot was deflected over the top before Joe Bennett saw a long-range effort tipped over by Montel Joseph in goal.

The pressure eventually told on 37 minutes when a Carl McCluskey header wasn’t cleared and Nathaniel-George pounced to slam home the loose ball.

Again, the beginning of the second half raised hopes of a comeback. Constable failed to gather the ball cleanly but neither Ehui nor Louis Bircham could take advantage by knocking in the loose ball and then an inswinging cross from Callum Wright forced Constable into pushing the ball over the bar. From the corner, James Budden met the ball with a fine strike but Constable was equal to it again with a neat tip over the bar.

But the home side had ridden the storm, Gradi Milenge and Bircham were both booked as frustration began to grow, and after 65 minutes a Murray free-kick to the far-post was tapped in by an unmarked McCluskey for 2-0.

The Woods, probably for the first time this season, visibly dropped their guard. Joe Bennett scored a third after 69 minutes with a fine solo run into the box and crisp strike while the scoring was rounded off on 74 minutes as a shot took a looping deflection and Sean Grace tapped in from close-range.

There was just one opportunity for a consolation before the end as Wright got forward well and hit a good shot that looked destined for the top corner before Constable got across well to palm it wide.