NORTHWOOD FC   Monday 2nd January 2017   HANWELL TOWN

Evo-Stik League Southern Division One Central

  Northwood 1 Hanwell Town 1   

Budden 90+2

Allen 48

Team line-up  
  Team line-up
1 Montel Joseph     1 Melvin Minter
2 Alex Nolan     2 Mark Jamison
3 Callum Wright     3 Kyle Watson
4 Gradi Milenge     4 Tom Duffy ©
5 James Budden     5 Calum Duffy
6 Luke Heneghan     6 Jesse Kewley-Graham
7 Channing Campbell-Young     7 Lamar Simpson (71m)
8 James Burgess ©     8 Billy Adcock
9 Ryan Debattista     9 Dean Allen
10 Myles Stephenson     10 Alex Atkinson (65m)
11 Fabian Brown (72m)     11 Joe Chandiram
Substitutes     Substitutes
12 Filipe Anjos (72m)     12 Ricky Pither (65m)
14 Jamie Doolan     14 Tom Hunt (71m)
15 Michael Delasalle     15 Courtney Austin
16 Mark Burgess     16 Chris Mills
17 Luke Fox     17 Lucas Jasiorski

Referee: Joel Mannix; Assistants: Gifford Manyange, Jack Hobbs



  REPORT by Alan Evans    PHOTOS by James Brown    

The Woods salvaged a Bank Holiday point against in-form Hanwell Town with a valuable late header from James Budden, his first goal of the season.

With both Louis Bircham and Joakim Ehui away for New Year, the Woods were on the back-foot for much of the first half as Hanwell looked dangerous from the flanks. After just eight minutes Kyle Watson did well down the left and centred where Dean Allen flicked home but a flag from the assistant referee ruled out an opening goal. A minute later Callum Wright enjoyed a fine run forward for the Woods and a good strike was pushed wide by a diving Melvin Minter in goal.

Hanwell picked up early yellow cards when Tom Duffy took out Myles Stephenson and Watson was also cautioned for dissent but Wright made a mess of the resulting free-kick and then the visitors dominated. Billy Adcock’s cross-shot took a deflection and went wide while Mark Jamison headed wide from a corner before the same player headed weakly straight at Montel Joseph in goal.

Stephenson lost possession on 29 minutes which allowed Joe Chandiram a sight of the target but he fired over the top and then Adcock drove an effort wide from distance before Chandiram also failed to hit the target as the half drew to a close.

Early in the second half, Wright made progress again in the left but was well-tackled by Watson as he shaped to shoot and on 48 minutes Hanwell went ahead. Alex Atkinson centred and the ball rebounded kindly to Allen who tucked the ball home. The game turned though just after the hour mark when Adcock was sent-off for a lunging tackle. He picked up a yellow card for that but at the same time another yellow for a shirt pull seconds earlier from which the referee had played an advantage; an unusual occurrence.

Suddenly, with a man advantage, the Woods began to gain an advantage. James Burgess chipped into the box and picked out Stephenson, who blazed wide. Then a good ball from Luke Heneghan put Ryan Debattista in on goal. One-on-one with the keeper, he failed to get in a shot as Minter blocked at his feet and the chance was gone.

The same two players combined again on 75 minutes with Heneghan sending over an excellent cross which picked out Debattista eight yards out but he headed over the bar. Time was beginning to run out when another Heneghan cross saw Budden head back across goal but this time Debattista headed straight at Minter and it seemed as if Hanwell were going to hold on.

Then, two minutes into stoppage-time, Channing Campbell-Young knocked in an excellent cross which was met by a perfect header from Budden and the ball flashed across goal and into the bottom corner to give Minter no chance.