Swift revenge for Marlow
  Tuesday 3rd March 2020

Isthmian League
South Central



Click image to view programme





Robin Piper   
James Brown


Marlow 1
Northwood 0

1 Tyla Dickinson  
2 Dave Thomas ©  
3 Jaden Sharman (54m)  
4 Marcelo Graca  
5 Haluna Masembe  
6 Craig Carby   
7 Ahmed Elsahib (72m)  
8 Luke Jones (54m)  
9 Romario Hart  
10 Lucas Toti  
11 Eric Lopes  
12 Radu Stefanoaica (54m)  
14 Ryan Phillips (54m)  
15 Excellence
Muhemba (72m)
16 Festus Lori  
17 Tristan Noel  
MARLOW: Phil Brown, Curtis Chapple, Isaac Olorunfemi , Harry McDonnell, Adam Richards , Chris Ovenden, Louis Rogers, Devontae Romeo, Kameron English (Junaid Bell 90m), Kelvin Bossman , Jordan Brown (Isaac Osei-Tutu 90m)  

Marlow gained swift revenge for last week's defeat at The AcreTweed with a single goal victory in the reverse fixture at the Alfred Davis Memorial Ground.

There were a few changes to the Northwood team which started the previous week's encounter. Q.P.R. under 23 keeper Tyla Dickinson was given his first start as he replaced Jamie Stephens between the sticks, while Craig Carby returned to partner Haluna Masembe in central defence. Jaden Sharman resumed duties at left-back while there was a debut for new signing Ahmed Elsahib in a right sided attacking role.

The contest got off to low key start with both sides struggling on the uneven surface, Kameron English dragging a shot wide for the hosts and Elsahib having a shot turned round the post after cutting in from the wing, the only moments of note in the opening quarter-hour.

However, the Blues gradually began to exert some sustained pressure on Woods with Dickinson on hand to gather a lobbed attempt from Chris Ovenden before Louis Rogers headed over from a corner.

Marlow continued to press but the Northwood defence was up to the test with the Blues restricted to a long range effort from Jordan Brown and a Kelvin Bossman cross shot with was comfortably dealt with by Dickinson.

While Northwood had enjoyed less possession, they were looking increasingly comfortable and they finished the opening period on the front foot as Lucas Toti went close with a shot after a run and lay-off from Eric Lopes.

Woods were forced into a change ten minutes into the second half as Sharman succumbed to an ankle injury, with Ryan Phillips the ideal replacement at left-back. There was also tactical change as Radu Stefanoaica replaced Luke Jones.

The evening was becoming increasingly tedious as Marlow deployed their well-versed repertoire of gamesmanship to interrupt the flow of the game and look to draw Northwood in. Woods resisted for the most part, and were let down by questionable officiating as Romario Hart received an undeserved caution following a Marlow-engineered melee.

Chances continued to be at a premium at both ends with a long range effort from Marcelo Graca failing to trouble Marlow goalkeeper Phil Brown while Dickinson collected a gentle shot from Brown.

Excellence Muhemba was introduced for Elsahib on 72 minutes to add some fresh impetus in attack with Hart moving out wide right.

However, Woods hopes of gaining some attacking impetus were curtailed by a spectacular 30-yard strike from former Northwood defender Issac Olorunfemi which flew in off the upright to give Marlow the lead on 72 minutes.

Northwood looked for a way back but were unable to make much of an impression as the hosts stood resolute for the remainder of the contest including nine minutes of added time after all the shenanigans.

So it  wasn't to be for Woods, who can take heart from a generally solid display against a team with don't give much away on their home patch.

Now onto Saturday and the visit of Ashford Town for the first of two 'six-pointers' in four days with a trip to Staines to follow.