Northwood 2  Maldon Town 1

27th October 2007


Mitch Swain 1
Jazz Rose 2
Ryan Tackley 3
Simieon Howell 4
Bradley Hewitt 5
Adam Theo 6
Danny Hart 7
Dwane Williams 8
Jerome Hall 9
Dean Clark (Capt.) 10
Abdul Yoki 11
Terry Hogan 12
Lee Holland (11) 14
Elliott Buchanan (7) 15
Jermaine Hamilton (9) 16
Theo Ohene 17
Ryman League One North
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Yoki 12, Hart 18
Maldon Town
Everitt 80
Rose, Swain
Maldon Town
Berquez, Oates
Sent Off
Maldon Town

Maldon Town

1 Darren Gould
2 Alan Sampson
3 Greg Oates
4 Frank Everitt
5 Ollie Blackwell
6 Dean Parratt
7 Lee Perry
8 Matt Cutchley
9 James Robinson
10 Ollie Berquez
11 Steve Wareham
12 Wayne Purser (6)
14 Paul Shave (7)
15 Nav Arain
16 Craig Emery
17 Ryan Hubble



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood secured their first league win of the month as they overcame previously unbeaten Maldon Town.Hopes were high following the previous week’s Trophy success at Sittingbourne, and the unchanged Woods team began in a positive manner.However, there was an early scare for Northwood after Maldon’s Dean Parratt struck an upright with the goal at his mercy.But Woods were soon back on the attack with Abdulai Yoki making a strong run into the box before shooting across the face of goal.

And it was Yoki who opened the scoring with a stunning effort on 12 minutes, leaving ‘keeper Darren Gould standing with a 30-yard scorcher.Northwood continued to dominate proceedings, Dean Clark creating an opportunity for himself but firing his shot wide of the far post.However, Northwood’s superiority was confirmed when they extended their lead in the 18th minute through Danny Hart. Yoki was the provider, as his deep cross fell to Hart on the edge of the box, the latter expertly controlling the ball before sending a looping half volley into the far corner via the hand of ‘keeper Gould.

Maldon needed a quick response and they put Woods under a spell of pressure with a succession of attacks but they found Northwood ‘keeper Mitch Swain in fine form as he saved twice from Lee Perry.Having weathered the storm, Woods produced a strong finish to an entertaining first-half. Jerome Hall got beyond Gould before squaring the ball to Yoki who miss-hit his shot before the former made a strong run into the box but shot wide of the far post.Northwood made a bright start to the second period, Dwane Williams’ ball over the top finding Hart whose shot flew narrowly wide of the upright.

However, Woods were gradually pinned back into their own half as Maldon looked for a way back into the game. James Robinson went close with a header, whilst the impressive Swain produced another point blank save to deny Steve Wareham.In a rare Northwood attack, Clark attempted to chip Gould after Hart created the opening, but the Maldon stopper was equal to the task.Manager Colin Payne was forced due to innjuries to use his full quota of substitutes, Hall, Hart and Yoki being replaced by Jermaine Hamilton, Elliott Buchanan and Lee Holland respectively.

The changes appeared to unsettle Woods as Maldon looked increasingly dangerous, Swain producing heroics once more as he saved well from substitute Wayne Purser.However, Swain was finally beaten as Frank Everitt headed home Parratt’s corner to reduce the arrears with ten minutes remaining.Woods had a great chance to make the points safe when Hamilton sent Holland clear of the Maldon defence, but he was unable to guide his shot beyond Gould.

But the game finally rested on a moment of drama in the penultimate minute as Northwood conceded a debatable penalty, Adam Theo being adjudged to have impeded substitute Paul Shave. However, Swain capped his man of the match performance as he saved Purser’s well struck penalty-kick to make the points safe for Northwood.