Hayes 1  Northwood 1 (a.e.t)
(Northwood won 4-2 on penalties)

9th April 2007


Bill Fishenden
Lee Holland 2
Danny Murphy 3
Terry Hogan 4
Perry Norman 5
Wayne Carter 6
Dwane Williams 7
Danny Julienne 8
Harry Hunt 9
Peter Dean 10
Jerome Hall 11
Elliott Buchanan 15
Nick Pearce 16
Dave Nolan 17
Karl Lewis (9) 18
Bradley Hewitt 21
Middlesex Senior Cup Final
Church Road,
Kick Off
7.30 p.m.
Williams 78
Reid 70
Sent Off


1 Adam Thomson
2 Jomo Faal-Thomas
3 Gilbert Nuako
4 Will Hendry
5 Adam Logie
6 Peter Collins
7 Shaun McAuley
8 Rhys Price
9 Michael Bartley
10 Stafforde Palmer
11  Liam Feeney
12 Kieran Knight
14 Josh Scott
15 Daniel Dyer (6)
16 Sean Ridgway
17 Miles Jones (11)



Match Report
by Robin Piper


Northwood made it third time lucky as they won the Middlesex Senior Cup for the first time, having twice before fallen at the final hurdle, beating Conference South outfit Hayes in their own back-yard.

Woods deservedly lifted the silverware as Colin Payne’s youngsters kept their composure in a tense penalty shoot-out following an entertaining match, Jerome Hall putting away the winning spot-kick after ‘keeper Bill Fishenden had denied  Adam Logie, whilst Stafforde Palmer also missed the target for Hayes.

Chances were at a premium in the early stages as players struggled to get to grips with the rock hard playing surface, both sides being restricted to long range efforts, Hayes’ Liam Feeney and former Missioner Dwane Williams both off target.

However, Hayes began to look threatening with the speedy Feeney making headway down the left flank. Twice he sent over dangerous crosses from which Rhys Price shot wide before Michael Bartley headed into the arms of Fishenden.

Having struggled to create any openings, Woods finally tested Hayes ‘keeper Adam Thomson, Peter Dean finding space on the edge of the box before getting his shot in on the Missioners’ goal.

Northwood were beginning to find their range and Harry Hunt was the next to go close, but was unable to keep his shot down after running at the Hayes defence.

But Hayes had a couple of gilt-edged opportunities to take the lead shortly before the half-time break, Bartley miscuing with the goal at his mercy whilst Feeney blasted over after cutting into the box.

However, the deadlock was broken five minutes after the restart. Price provided the the through ball for Bartley, who was bravely denied by the impressive Fishenden, but the ball ran loose to Palmer who shot into the far corner of the net to give Hayes the lead.

Northwood responded well, the hard working Danny Murphy almost reaching Hunt with a dangerous cross into the box before the latter was narrowly over with a snapshot.

The lively Hall was becoming increasingly influential for Northwood, one mazy run ending with a 30-yard strike that was well held by Thomson.

And Hall was in the mix once again when he saw his deflected shot well saved by Thomson at the foot of the post.

Northwood continued to take the game to Hayes as they sought the equaliser, Hall seeing another effort fall into the arms of Thomson.

However, there was a scare at the other end, Bartley hooking his shot beyond Fishenden but Lee Holland was on hand to clear the danger.

Northwood made a change on 77 minutes, Hunt making way for Karl Lewis.

And Woods were immediately back in the match as Williams latched onto Wayne Carter’s free-kick into the box to send a header past the poorly positioned Thomson to give Northwood a 78th minute equaliser.

And the same combination threatened again moments later, Thomson dealing with the situation on this occasion.

Woods were playing with renewed energy and looking the more likely to grab the winner, and it almost came courtesy of the head of Hayes substitute Daniel Dyer who cleared Dean’s cross over his own crossbar.

However, the scores remained level and the match moved into extra-time.

Northwood looked out on their feet in the first period as Hayes enjoyed the majority of possession, Bartley heading wide from Feeney’s cross, although Dean did test Thomson with a 25-yard shot.

But Woods found a reserve of energy for the second period of extra-time and they almost snatched the victory. Murphy was twice denied by Thomson, who firstly cleared a goal-bound in-swinging corner before the Hayes stopper pulled off a splendid near-post save to deflect a last minute free-kick.

And so the final was to be decided by a penalty shoot-out, Northwood executing their penalties with aplomb through Carter, Murphy, Terry Hogan and Hall whilst Fishenden performed heroics to ensure Woods were the deserved winners of the Middlesex Senior Cup.