Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors

NORTHWOOD FC   Saturday 30th August 2014   KINGS LANGLEY FC

FA Cup Preliminary Round

  Northwood 1  Kings Langley 1   

Byfield 4

Cox 75

Team line-up  

  Team line-up
1 Berkley Laurencin     1 Anthony Ladyman
2 James Duncan     2 Jack Johnson
3 Andy Lomas     3 Tom Carter
4 Nick Turner     4 Sam Izzard
5 Mark Burgess     5 Stuart Deaton
6 Jordan Lawal     6 Callum Adebeyi
7 Joakim Ehui     7 Ollie Cox
8 George Nicholas     8 Lee Burgoyne
9 Michael Murray (73m)     9 Benny Fiadzomor
10 Dave Lawrence     10 Alex Campana
11 Sam Byfield (80m)     11 Nick Johnson
Substitutes     Substitutes
12 Alex Nolan     12 Mitchell Weiss
14 Mason Yorke     13 Charlie Hoskins
15 Tommy Walsh     15 Adam Hallisey
16 Perry Dicker     16 Terrell Miller
17 Rob Hastings (73m)     17 -
18 Omar Vassell (80m)     18 -
      Referee: John Farries; Assistants: Alperen Nayir & Wayne Ingram      
  REPORT by Alan Evans    PHOTOS by James Brown  


The Woods faced a midweek replay at Kings Langley after the Spartan South Midlands League side came from behind with a late goal forcing a creditable draw. Mark Burgess returned to the side after injury in place of Carl McCluskey, while Dave Lawrence returned for Nana Asamoah, but it was an otherwise unchanged line-up to that which had beaten previously undefeated Potters Bar.

And the Woods carried on with that form in the early stages of the game, taking a fourth minute lead when Lawrence played a neat ball across to Sam Byfield and the winger netted his first goal for the club with a neat finish across the goalkeeper.

Former Hemel Hempstead striker Alex Campana registered two efforts on goal as the visitors tried to rally but both failed to hit the target and Northwood went closer when Jordan Lawal squared to Lawrence who fired just over the bar.

Though the Woods continued to enjoy plenty of possession, their final ball was lacking, and it wasn’t until the 40th minute that Byfield was slipped through on goal again but this time he rather telegraphed his shot and keeper Anthony Ladyman managed to make a strong save that pushed the ball well away from goal.¬† Ladyman is a former Northwood youth keeper, so had clearly learned his trade well!

Just before the break, Kings managed their first good effort on goal as Campana again struck from distance and this time Berkley Laurencin had to dive across to his left to push the ball wide of goal.

Northwood had another great chance to double their lead six minutes after the break as Lawrence was put through. He steadied himself as Ladyman narrowed the angle but the keeper still managed to get his hand to his shot and push the ball wide. From the resulting corner the ball dropped for Michael Murray but he fired over.

Still the Woods looked for another breakthrough. Lawrence’s jinking run led to a shot which was taken high but comfortably by Ladyman and then Joakim Ehui fired well over. New signing Rob Hastings was introduced for the out-of-sorts Murray after 72 minutes¬† and within a minute a good ball from Lawrence found the substitute in a good position but his finish lacked power and the keeper saved once again.

Finally, Kings Langley began to look to threaten themselves with their own substitutes combining as Adam Hallisey set up Mitchell Weiss but he dragged his shot wide of the post.

George Nicholas shot well over and then Lawrence’s strike on the turn was saved again after good work from Hastings and Byfield and the Woods were made to pay for not putting the game to bed on 75 minutes. The visitors forced a corner and when the ball was only half-cleared, Ollie Cox saw a gap through a ruck of players and he drove the ball in off the far post for an equaliser.

Northwood tried to battle straight back but were trying their luck with shots from distance and both Ehui and Andy Lomas were denied by a keeper growing in confidence. Probably their best chance came after 85 minutes when Nicholas raced onto a through-ball, but again Ladyman made a fine stop and Lawrence shot over from the rebound.

Then, in the final minute of normal time, James Duncan got forward and his cross found Hastings lurking at the back post but he could only poke a weak shot straight at the ‘keeper when he looked favourite to score. Nick Turner also headed a half-chance just wide of the post during this late surge but the goal just wasn’t coming for the Woods and they will have to start afresh when they travel to Kings Langley for the replay on Tuesday night.