Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors

NORTHWOOD FC   Saturday 22nd November 2014   CHALFONT ST PETER FC

Evo-Stik League Southern Division One Central

  Northwood 0 Chalfont St Peter 2


Lansiquot 37, 67

Team line-up  
  Team line-up
1 Berkley Laurencin     1 Mike McEntegart
2 Omar Vassell     2 Glenn Yala
3 Andy Lomas     3 Adam Louth
4 Mark Burgess     4 Gareth Paxton
5 Nick Turner     5 Liam Fowler
6 Perry Dicker (72m)     6 Alex Paine
7 Joakim Ehui     7 Remmel Clarke (86m)
8 Will Hudson     8 Connor Hayes
9 Michael Murray (72m)     9 Aaron Lansiquot
10 Rob Hastings (56m)     10 Alan Hedley
11 Sam Byfield     11 Louis Stead (77m)
Substitutes     Substitutes
12 Tommy Walsh     12 Myles Stephenson
14 Dave Lawrence (72m)     14 Daniel Ailey (77m)
15  Ismael Ehui (56m)     15 Asen Valchan
16 Nana Asamoah (72m)     16 Anthony Lennon (86m)
17 Jordan Lawal     17 Mikey Pearce
      Referee: Andreas Anastasiou; Assistants: Chris Reid & Neo Neophytou      
  REPORT by Alan Evans     PHOTOS by James Brown  

The Saints notched their fifth successive victory with former Woods striker Aaron Lansiquot netting both goals that killed off a lacklustre Northwood side that produced a performance that was lacking in too many areas. A week’s rest had followed the high-tempo Trophy defeat at Wimborne so manager Mark Burgess named an unchanged starting line-up with the returning trio of Jordan Lawal, Nana Asamoah and Ismael Ehui all taking up places on the bench.

Yet it was Northwood who had the best chance of the early stages as Sam Byfield’s 4th minute run and cross saw Michael Murray set up Rob Hastings but the young striker lacked composure and blasted the ball well over the bar from close range.

When Chalfont pressed, Berkley Laurencin looked safe as ever in goal, holding on comfortably to on-target efforts from Louis Stead and Remmel Clarke while the Woods had penalty appeals turned down when Murray’s flick in the box appeared to be blocked by an arm. But then Chalfont enjoyed a dominant spell with Connor Hayes firing low and wide followed by Lansiquot heading an Adam Louth cross over the bar. After 24 minutes, the Saints had the ball in the net but the goal was ruled out by a flag by the assistant referee.

The pressure continued with another long-range Hayes effort being saved by Laurencin but the Woods almost netted against the run of play when Will Hudson flew in for a header which was pushed over the bar by goalkeeper Michael McEntegart. The opening goal came after 37 minutes though as Alan Hedley cut in from the left, leaving Nick Turner flailing and his cross was cleverly flicked home by Lansiquot to beat Laurencin from close-range.

It looked as if Northwood could be back level just a minute later as Hastings was pulled back in the box and the Referee pointed to the spot. However, he had not spotted an earlier offside flag from his assistant and instead of a penalty, play was brought back for a free-kick to the visitors. The Woods rallied a little towards the end of the first half with Perry Dicker winning the ball in midfield and playing in Murray. His shot on the turn was deflected wide and then Byfield also had a shot blocked.

In the second half, Murray had an early free-kick pushed out by the alert McEntegart while ex-Woods defender Liam Fowler made a timely tackle after Hastings was put through on goal. But the Woods were getting frustrated as Chalfont defended stoutly and decisions were going against them. Ismael Ehui was introduced as a replacement for Hastings after 57 minutes, just before brother Joakim Ehui and Omar Vassell both picked up yellow cards at the same incident.

Joakim Ehui then burst forward down the right and cut in but without getting a shot in before Byfield’s more dangerous cross was headed out by Gareth Paxton for a corner. The Woods had huffed and puffed but the Saints then notched a killer second goal on 66 minutes with Joakim Ehui losing possession to Hedley out wide on the left and the visitors key man then rolled the ball forward for Lansiquot to hold off Vassell and fire across the keeper for his second of the game.

Dave Lawrence and Nana Asamoah were immediately introduced for Dicker and Murray with Asamoah immediately drifting past two in midfield but seeing his shot kept out by McEntegart. The hoped-for comeback never looked very likely as Chalfont pressed further with Laurencin pulling off two fine saves in quick succession, a volley from Stead and then a downward header from Lansiquot being pushed over the bar.

Ismael Ehui was beginning to cause a few problems on his return from a hamstring injury heading wide of the near post and then having a shot deflected straight at the keeper but his brief spell was ended with an ill-judged remark following another contentious Refereeing decision and he was sent-off. That was pretty much the last straw for the Woods, whose attacking flair had only been patchy at best but with ten men it petered out completely with the Saints happy to claim all three points.