Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors

NORTHWOOD FC   Saturday 28th March 2015   BEDWORTH UNITED

Evo-Stik League Southern Division One Central

  Northwood A  Bedworth United A



Team line-up  
  Team line-up
1 Berkley Laurencin     1 Denham Hinds
2 James Burgess     2 Jamie Ashmore
3 Andy Lomas     3 Luke Rowe
4 Mark Burgess ©     4 Daniel Creaney
5 Steve Brown     5 Kyle Cartwright (37m)
6 Perry Dicker     6 Nathan Haines
7 Rob Hastings     7 Chris Tullin
8 Dave Lawrence     8 Andrew Westwood
9 Ismael Ehui     9 Alex Naughton
10 Michael Murray     10 Daniel Dubidat
11 Nana Asamoah     11 Marlon Walters
Substitutes     Substitutes
12 Jordan Lawal     12 David Blenkinsopp
14 Joakim Ehui     14 Ben Steane
15 Omar Vassell     15 Chad Degville-Cross
16 Niko Muir     16 Aaron Bains
17 Davantay Hastings     17 Peter Folkes (37m)
      Referee: Sam Lewis; Assistants: Martyn Gospel & Paul Cooper      
  REPORT by Alan Evans     PHOTOS by James Brown  

Play-off chasing Bedworth United will have to return to Northwood Park again after this competitive game was abandoned in the 58th minute after unseemly scenes.

The Woods were looking for a “double” against their visitors having won 2-1 on the newly-laid artificial surface at Bedworth back in early October and were in pretty good form having been unbeaten in March.

And although the Greenbacks started strongly and had plenty of possession, it was Northwood who had the best chance early on when Nana Asamoah knocked in a good far-post cross and found Ismael Ehui whose strike was kept out at the near post by goalkeeper Denham Hinds.

Bedworth defender Kyle Cartwright picked up an early booking for a foul on Perry Dicker but otherwise the game progressed without incident and the visitors did start to gain the upper hand. After 17 minutes a long-range shot from Daniel Creaney took a deflection but Berkley Laurencin was behind it well and saved comfortably.

Four minutes later the impressive Jamie Ashmore did well down the right flank and sent over a cross that was headed just over by Bedworth top scorer Daniel Dubidat. The striker was a handful for the Woods defence and after 25 minutes he did well to split the Burgess twins down the centre and fire for goal but Laurencin got down low to keep it out.

Northwood were restricted to the odd break and on one of those Ismael Ehui broke clear but then shot early and was well off target. Then a corner was forced and Murray floated it neatly to the far post where Steve Brown lurked free but he put his shot wide of the post.

Ashmore was still getting the better of an isolated Andy Lomas and another run and cross saw Brown make a crucial interception at the expense of a corner. From that, Cartwright flicked on a header and when Murray headed clear, Cartwright played a neat ball through the middle and Dubidat was free to plant a shot past Laurencin and give the Greenbacks the lead on 30 minutes.

The final fifteen minutes of the first-half was more equal with neither side creating any chances of note but just before half-time Creaney tried another long-range effort which flew well over the bar.

The second-half started in much the same fashion with nothing of any real note until a challenge between Brown and Dubidat just inside the Northwood half resulted in the Bedworth striker kicking out at the Woods defender. The resulting red card for Dubidat led to unsavoury scenes as he left the field with both sides getting involved in the aftermath.

After a long delay, Referee Sam Lewis issued red cards to the players that the match officials adjudged to have been the main culprits and then dismissed both of the Bedworth management team from the technical area. He wasn’t satisfied that his decisions were being accepted and with arguments and abuse continuing made the decision to abandon the match.

The FA are now considering all the reports that have followed from this game with a revised date for the replayed fixture yet to be set.