Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors



Saturday 19th February 1977

Northwood stretched their unbeaten run to over three months on Saturday with a fine all-round performance that left Viking Sports in tatters.

From the outset Northwood tore into the heart of the visitors’ defence and they were rewarded with a goal in the opening minutes. The Woods build up was swift but the final pass looked like falling foul of the Viking defence when a slip left Cooper free. The tall striker wasted no time in burying the ball in the net and so send Northwood on their way to a thrilling first half.

Heslop was again involved from full-back, and he combined well with Livingstone before the Iatter laid off a perfect ball into the path of Ellis, who crashed home a magnificent shot from just outside the box.

The Woods’ third goal, and a vital one, came after more Northwood pressure which resulted in a desperate clearance from the visitors. In order to clear their overworked lines a hefty clearance went wrong and Harvey was quick to return the ball into the danger area to Cooper, who nonchalantly lost his marker, turned on the spot and crashed a drive beyond the keeper and into the net.

The three-goal margin could have been more as Northwood strung attack after attack together in their best 15 minute display of the season. Ellis and Cooper always looked liked to snatch further goals, and Livingstone worked tirelessly to help his fellow strikers.

The surface became more and more difficult and an obvious half-time roasting made Viking a more formidable side. They stuck to their task and for the first time  started taking the match to the Woods.

Northwood went 4-0 up soon into the second half, and it stemmed from another overlap from Heslop. He forged his way down the right and sent over a fine cross. Whilst this eluded several players in the box, Harvey was quick to read the situation and regain possession. and with time on his side, he chipped over a perfectly weighted lob that eluded the keeper and enabled Livingstone rise and head firmly into the net.

The large lead should have been increased but the Woods inexplicably handed the initiative to the visitors, who to their credit never gave up the challenge. They were rewarded twice for their efforts with a header from Powell and a penalty in the dying minutes from the same player when O'Donnell was adjudged to have handled.

NORTHWOOD: Currell, Heslop, Harman, O'Donnell, Merison, Gould, Tidd, Harvey, Cooper, Ellis, Livingstone. Sub: King.