STADIUM SPONSORS
HOME SHIRTS & CLUBHOUSE SPONSORS
AWAY SHIRTS SPONSORS
WEBSITE SPONSORS
PREMIUM CLUB SPONSORS

Youth Reports 2016-17

19 March 2017

Northwood Reds Under 13s 2  Croxley Green Black 5

This was probably one we all want to forget very quickly and get on with our push with our League campaign. I hope that the boys learn from today unless they put effort into their game this is the sort of result will happen.

The boys did start at a slow pace and everything seemed to be very laboured, even though we did have a couple of half-chances early on. After 18 minutes we found ourselves 1-0 down and then two minutes later we were two behind. I think that the most upsetting thing was that it very much looked like Croxley wanted the game more than us and even when we were two goals down this did not change, as after 31 minutes Croxley got their third, as they continued to take advantage of a strong wind that they were using well.

We had a few chances and even had a goal disallowed for handball but the midfield was often caught up the field so exposing the back 4 to the Croxley onslaught. Just before half-time Sam got his first goal for the club a good one on one with the keeper to give us a lifeline in the game.

We did have a few stern words at half-time, and tried to help them identify the issues with the lack of shape we had. This did seem to change the way they played at the start of the half when they did enjoy a lot of chances but did not get the rub of the green with the ball going in, which has been to be the story of the season so far. In the 66th minute Croxley got their third which with only four minutes plus stoppage time did really stop any chance of the boys getting to the semi final. Though on the 69th minute Lewis Reid, who deservedly got our player of the match as he was only one of a very few that did work tirelessly, went on a great run, beating three or more players and finished well, 2-4. From the restart, Croxley went up our end to finish the game completely by getting their fifth: 2-5.

This is one that we have got to learn from and then forget as both John and I know that the boys are a lot better than they showed today.

Line up: Rayyan, Ale, Lewis Ryan, Arun, George, Declan, Daniel Terry, Oliver, Sam, Ashley, Dan Jago

Dave Blincko

MENU