STADIUM SPONSORS
HOME SHIRTS & CLUBHOUSE SPONSORS
AWAY SHIRTS SPONSORS
WEBSITE SPONSORS
PREMIUM CLUB SPONSORS

Youth Reports 2016-17

19 February 2017

Borehamwood 2000 1  Northwood Reds Under 13s 0

This was a disappointing result, though again John and I could not criticise the effort or attitude of the boys; it was just the end bit of quality at both ends of the field that was missing. We now know exactly what we are going to get against Borehamwood and we have got to find a way of beating them  when we play them at home. This week the boys did start a bit nervously and put themselves under unnecessary pressure early on, allowing 2000 some early territory and pressure, but with 10 minutes gone the boys seemed to find their rhythm and were playing some good footballing spells.

The game was looking to go to 0-0 at half-time with both teams having chances but nothing clear-cut, until a mistake in the middle of the pitch lead to 2000 breaking down their left, getting to the by-line, crossing the ball and getting in front in the 31st minute. Cue some of the most over the top celebrations I think I have ever seen at youth football, but still, you can’t buy class...

At half-time we let the boys know that they were very much in the game and that we could even get a win – if we could nick one goal we would probably go on to get two or three more. In the second half the boys did start better, getting on the front foot and the changes that we had made to the shape of the team seemed to be helping. As we had asked, the boys did not give up and even though 2000 did have a couple of chances on the break, Northwood really dominated the game but just could not find that final pass or finish in front of goal. I think we could still be there now and we wouldn’t have scored!

Well done to our player of the match Daniel Terry, who again showed that he can play really well when called on in defence and to all the boys well done we move onto next week now and put this result behind us.

Line up: Daniel Davey George, Dec, Daniel Terry Lewis Ryan Lewis Reid Sam Felipe, Dan Jago, Oliver, Ashley, Rayyan, Zaki.

Well done boys

Dave Blincko

MENU