Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors










































Youth Reports 2015-16

18 October 2015


Forest United 3  Northwood U18 Black 2 (AET) (Middlesex County Cup - Round 2)

With only 10 players available, the Woods had a mammoth task against Harrow Premier League team Forest United. The boys rose to the challenge superbly, playing some good football from the off. The Woods were very competitive and could have taken the lead in the first 10 minutes but wanted one touch too many before "pulling the trigger". However, they were unlucky to go behind after 15 minutes, when a well flighted free kick was turned into the Woods net for an own goal.

The character of the team was shown almost immediately with a flowing move ending with Jamie Costello-Munday scoring for the third week in a row. The Woods mixed up their play with some fine passing moves being interspersed with some longer balls to wide players, and to their lone striker. It looked like Northwood would go behind again when the home team were awarded a penalty, but Forest United failed to convert the chance, blasting the ball over the bar. The score remained 1-1 at half-time.

Forest United won a further penalty on 50 minutes, which they converted to take the lead again. With the Woods’ midfield working hard and great endeavour being shown by new player Mateus Cost up front, Northwood still looked in the game, despite their numerical disadvantage. Midway through the half the ball broke to Thomas West, free on the right side of the penalty area, and he rifled a shot across the goalie and into the far corner of the net.

Both side had their chances to score before full time but none were taken, so the game went into extra time the very least the Woods deserved for their efforts. Unfortunately Northwood went behind within three minutes of the restart, but despite their best efforts they could not pull back the deficit, and so exited the County Cup.

I cannot over-praise the team for their efforts; an effort that meant the home team manager only realised after the game that we only had 10 players on the pitch. There were 10 players who truly earned the award of Man of the Match.

Brian Gibbor

Enfield Town 0  Northwood Under 12s Red 8 (County Cup Round 2)

Northwood Reds had an away tie in the second round of the County Cup that took them over to Enfield Town, and after last week’s impressive performance the bar was set for the boys to go and perform to the same levels that saw them win well last week.

We started really well again this week, passing the ball well and keeping possession. Some early pressure on one of the Enfield defenders lead to a misplaced pass that Joshua pounced on: 0-1 Northwood. This soon became 0-2 when a great pass from Ashley picked out Joshua again, with Joshua finishing well again.

The whole team was playing really well, with the defence never looking in much trouble and they were linking well with the midfield who were also keeping their shape & discipline. Ben B. won a loose ball in the middle of the field looked up and put a great pass through to Lewis Reid, who beat his defender and finished well: 0-3. Enfield did start to put some passes together and had some half chances but Rayyan was a match for them all.

The third goal started from the defence with a good pass from Dan who found Joshua, who then put another great pass for Callum; he beat the last defender and fired in to make it 0-4. You could now sense that Northwood were beginning to get on top of Enfield and were playing some really good passing football. Another well-worked goal which was again made from the defence linking up well with the midfield finally saw Joshua pick out Declan for the first of his two goals. Shortly afterwards Josh again found Declan, and it was 0-6 at halftime.

The challenge at halftime was to very much play in the same style as the 1st half but to keep the clean sheet and for the boys to keep discipline. Northwood started the second half the same as the first by keeping possession of the ball and moving it from one side of the pitch  to the other, at one stage the boys actually strung about 9-10 passes together without Enfield touching it. Enfield were still trying to score a goal and were still attacking but were only getting long distance shots. From one of their attacks midway through the second half Lewis Ryan blocked a pass from one of the Enfield midfielders, looked up and sent a great pass through to Lewis Reid, who showed his pace again to beat the Enfield defence and put in a great shot to make it 0-7.

Then came Enfield's chance to net, when the referee awarded them a penalty for I can only think was two Northwood players sandwiching the Enfield striker, even though he stayed on his feet but the ref pointed to the spot. Up stepped the Enfield striker, who placed the ball on the spot; he stepped back and stroked the ball to the right side of the goal, Rayyan dived to his left and saved it to cap his commanding player of the match performance in goal. The clean sheet was still intact!

The game was now petering out to what seemed to be an well-deserved victory for Northwood when Ashley went on another one of his powerful runs, beating three defenders before the fourth one took him down: penalty to Northwood. After what seemed a long discussion between the Northwood players I can only guess was about who would take the kick, Ashley stepped up and placed the ball into the right corner: 0-8.

Not long afterwards the referee blew for full-time and the boys now go into the third round of the County Cup with a home tie against Explorers or Bessingbury Park Rangers. Well done everyone, a great result – but more importantly another great performance. Player of the match: Rayyan.

Dave Blincko

Enfield Town v Northwood Under 8 Reds

The Reds travelled to Enfield Rangers for a 2pm kick off; this was the first time that both teams had met.
Enfield started the brighter of the two teams, creating several clear-cut chances but the Woods’ keeper was in fine form, pulling off a host of saves keeping Rangers out. Northwood finally started imposing themselves on the game, with Antonio showing great individual skills, and the deadlock was broken midway through the first half with Kingston pouncing on a parried save from the Enfield keeper.

This really kicked Northwood into life, and further goals from Tobi, Shaan and Antonio put the game almost out of reach for Enfield. However, the home team responded in great fashion with a well-worked goal followed up with another shortly after. Half-time was approaching when the ball fell to Antonio just inside the Enfield half; he managed to flick the ball up and volley it straight into the Enfield goal. Antonio received a massive ovation from all supporters watching, and rightly so.

The second half continued as it ended, with Northwood on top. Further goals from Kingston and Tobi put the game out of sight for Enfield who were now struggling to contain Northwood’s fire power. Shaan and Sam came really close from free-kicks as well as Alex, who was unlucky on several occasions. Antonio was re-introduced mid way through the second half and really turned on the style, scoring two more goals to take his total to four on the day. Enfield, in all fairness, never gave up and scored two late consolation goals, to make the scoreline look a true reflection of the game.

Goalscorers: Antonio (4) Kingston (2) Tobi (2) Shaan (1).

MOM - Antonio was the star attraction on show; his individual skill and goals put him head and shoulders above everyone and deservedly was named MOM. Both sets of supporters were in complete awe of his performance and technical ability.

Jay Hall