Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors

Match Report 1991-92

Corinthian Casuals 1  Northwood 2

8th May 1992


Ken Lavender 1
Scott Singleton 2
Paul Curran 3
Ronnie John 4
Rob Holland 5
Jeremy Billins 6
Paul Rogan 7
Tim Vincent 8
Warren Patmore 9
Dave Nolan 10
Garfield Blackman 11
Andy Edey (3) 12
London-Spartan League Cup Final
Reynolds Field,
Hanwell Town FC
Kick Off
7.30 p.m.
Blackman 15, Vincent 75
Cor Casuals
Johnson 62
Cor Casuals
Sent Off
Cor Casuals

Corinthian Casuals

1 Gary Brigden
2 Martin Clark
3 Ronnie McNamara
4 Stuart Johnson
5 Steve Bangs
6 Steve Gettings
7 Peter Steer
8 Martin Firmo
9 Cliff West
10 Bruce Martin
11 Richard Buzaglo
12 Robert McNamara



Match Report
by Ruislip-Northwood Gazette

Goalkeeper Ken Lavender saved a twice-taken penalty as Northwood ended the season by adding the Spartan League Cup to the Premier Division championship at Hanwell Town’s ground. The drama started when, with Woods leading 2-1 in the second half, Ron John was penalised or handball.

Though Casuals' Martin Clark netted, the penalty had to be taken again as a forward had encroached into the area.

This time, Lavender dived full length to make a tremendous save and, though Casuals had other chances before the final whistle, Woods were able to hold on for victory.

Woods created the early chances when a Tim Vincent effort was cleared off the line and Warren Patmore went close.

And they went ahead in the 15th minute after Nolan, put through by a superb 30-yard ball from Vincent, had his shot cleared off the line for a comer, but Garfield Blackman headed home Paul Curran's flag kick.

Casuals, however, were by now settling into their attractive style and Lavender had to be at his very best, while Ron John at the back was also in fine form.

Casuals almost equalised when they hit a post, and Lavender made a superb reflex save when the ball rebounded to a forward. Meanwhile, at the other end, a Rob Holland effort from another Curran comer crashed off the bar.

Casuals came out after the interval and again tested Woods to the limit, but Lavender continued to be in fine form and saved well on several occasions.

But Lavender had little chance midway through the second half when, from a short corner, the ball was floated over for Stuart Johnson to head home.

Casuals were having their best spell of the game but, against the run of play, substitute Andy Edey won a corner, which the defence failed to clear, and Vincent rifled the ball into the top of the net.

Then came the penalty save drama as Woods held on to win.