Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors

Clevedon Town 1  Northwood 1

Saturday 6th August 2011


Sam Styles
Scott Raper
Lee Grant
Aaron Silcott
Doug Fitzgerald
Murray Williamson
Sam Sharples
Craig White
Oliver Hawkins
Aaron Lansiquot
Richard Worrell
Kevin Ayodele (2, 60m)
Harry Wright (3, 50m)
Shane Brown (9, 72m)
Garry Senior (10, 36m)
Romaine Walker (11, 60m)
Tony Russell (1, 46m)

The Woods journeyed down to North Somerset on Saturday for another pre-season game against a side at the same level as Northwood, with the Seasiders playing in the South & West Division of the Evo-Stik League Southern.

Making a weekend of it, there were several players who were unable to travel so Liam Fowler, Peter Lyall, James McCluskey, Byron Bubb, Warren Gladdy, Kevin Wynter, Ben Alexander and Rob Ursell will all have to wait until Tuesday night’s friendly with Hendon for their final warm-up appearances.

The Woods still travelled with a 17-man squad and all had a good, useful run-out against a lively Clevedon side that raced into an eight minute lead, the third time that Northwood had conceded an eighth minute goal in their last four matches! This time the ball was worked through to the right-wing where the speedy Leigh Edwards-Samuels left Lee Grant behind as he cut in and rifled a shot past Sam Styles in goal.

It took Northwood a while to settle but the midfield gradually began to make some inroads and created chances for both Richard Worrell and Oliver Hawkins, both kept out well by goalkeeper Jason Mellor.

Aaron Lansiquot came off with a knock on the ankle shortly before half-time with Garry Senior replacing him but it was Clevedon who went closest to adding to the scoreline before the break as Edwards-Samuels saw another good effort saved by Styles.

Tony Russell played the second half for the Woods between the sticks and Northwood enjoyed better possession with Worrell shooting wide from a good position early on. Youngster Harry Wright came on for Lee Grant and then Romaine Walker and Kevin Ayodele replaced Worrell and Scott Raper on the hour.

Hawkins had a header saved but the equalising goal came after 69 minutes as Senior played a neat exchange of passes with Walker and was put through on goal, finishing coolly as Mellor advanced for his seventh goal of the pre-season campaign.  

This was Northwood’s best spell of the game and Walker made space for a powerful strike shortly afterwards which was pushed out by Mellor and then Senior went close with another effort.
Russell made a good diving save to deny home substitute Reeko Best towards the end but both sides were happy to share the 1-1 draw by the end.