Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 4  Enfield Town 0

19th August 2008


Mitch Swain 1
Matt Plaskett 2
Ryan Tackley 3
Joe Cowen 4
Bradley Hewitt 5
John Christian 6
Michael Gordon 7
Dwain Williams 8
Leon Nelson 9
Terry Davies 10
Danny Murphy 11
Richard Orlu (5) 12
Dwane Williams (8) 14
Jack Bennett (11) 15
Adrian Abramian 16
Aryan Taj 17
Ryman League One North
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
7.45 p.m.
Christian 7, Hewitt 9, 55, Davies 80
Deane, Bastian
Sent Off

Enfield Town

1 Eric Pudaloff
2 Glenn Harvey
3 David Bastian
4 Rio Alderton
5 Olewale Ojelabi
6 David Wattley
7 Mitch Hahn
8 Gazmend Dauti
9 Ricci Crace
10 Luke Marshall
11 Michael Deane
12 Simon Tickner (5)
14 Lucas Williams (6)
15 Max Mitchell (8)
16 Bradley Drisdale
17 David Allen




Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood followed up their opening day win with a five-star performance as they comfortably overcame highly fancied Enfield Town.

There were a couple of changes to the Woods’ line-up, with new recruit Leon Nelson being drafted in to replace the unavailable Sean Sonner in attack, whilst Matt Plaskett made his competitive debut at right-back, Joe Cowen moving into central defence in place of Richard Orlu.

Northwood made their intentions clear from the start with a sweeping move involving Michael Gordon and Danny Murphy, but Nelson was denied a dream start to his Woods’ career as Enfield ‘keeper Eric Pudalov blocked his close-range effort.

But Pudalov was left helpless as John Christian unleashed an unstoppable half-volley into the far corner of the net to give Northwood the lead on 7 minutes.

And Enfield were left shell-shocked a couple of minutes later as Woods added a second goal through the head of Bradley Hewitt as he latched onto Danny Murphy’s enticing cross after the visitors failed to clear a corner.

Northwood continued to keep the pressure on, with Christian having a shot deflected narrowly wide before Terry Davies  almost get the final touch after Hewitt, and Ryan Tackley teed up Murphy’s corner.

Enfield finally brought Woods’ keeper into the action as he comfortably saved  Gazmend Dauri’s header.

But the visitors had Pudalov to thank as produced a flying save to divert Dwain William’s 30-yard effort.

Enfield would have been hoping for a bright start to the second-half but it was Northwood who dominated once more with Nelson and Davies both being foiled by Pudalov.

However, Pudalov was unable to prevent Woods from making the game safe with a third goal on 55 minutes, Hewitt grabbing his second of the evening as he converted the loose ball after the Enfield ‘keeper beat out Williams’ fiercely driven free-kick.

And the impressive Hewitt was in the thick of the action once more as his ball sent Davies clear of the Enfield defence, the Northwood striker finishing with aplomb to notch his second goal of the season and his team’s fourth of the evening with ten minutes left on the clock.

With the job done, Hewitt and Williams made way for Richard Orlu and Dwane Williams respectively whilst Jack Bennett was introduced for Murphy.

And there was to be no consolation for Enfield leaving Northwood to reflect on their second win in four days and the perfect start to the new campaign.