Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 0  Concord Rangers 3

21st March 2009


Mitch Swain 1
Lee Holland 2
Ryan Tackley 3
Hugo Figueiredo 4
Mark Burgess (Capt.) 5
Bradley Hewitt 6
John Christian 7
Anthony Page 8
Dwain Williams 9
Eugene Ofori 10
Danny Brown 11
Danny Power (2, 20m) 12
Rob Ursell (11, 57m) 14
Gary Burrell 15
Solomon Henry 16
Rob Pearce (12, 45m) 17
Ryman One North
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Heale 21, 45, Lewis 57
Sent Off

Concord Rangers

1 Dale Brightley
2 Jon Turnbull
3 Kevin Watson
4 Jack Carlile
5 John Easterford
6 Nick Skelton
7 Liam Hopkins
8 Nicky Cowley (Capt.)
9 Elliott Buchanan
10 Danny Heale
11 Yohance Lewis
12 Piers Wixon (9, 81m)
14 San Scoles (7, 45m)
15 Danny Hayzelden
16 Joe Gardner (2, 20m)
17 Anthony Cook




Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood suffered their first home league defeat since October as they were beaten by play-off rivals Concord.

Woods had to play the entire second half with ten men after goalkeeper Mitch Swain was dismissed for dissent on the stroke of half-time as he disputed a penalty award which effectively ended the contest.

There was a different look to the Northwood line-up. Dwain Williams partnered Eugene Ofori in attack whilst Danny Brown and Hugo Figueiredo took up the wide positions, with Rob Ursell, Gary Burrell and Solomon Henry making way.

There was a familiar face in the Concord team in the form of ex-Wood Elliott Buchanan, currently on loan from Stevenage Borough, but he was unable to register a goal against his former team-mates.

Both sides began brightly in the spring sunshine, with Figueiredo being denied by a last ditch tackle following a slick Northwood move, whilst Concord’s Yohance Lewis saw his shot deflected wide for a corner.

Woods looked confident, and John Christian was the next to try his luck as his half-volley from the edge of the box fell into the arms of goalkeeper Dale Brightley.

Northwood’s rhythm was interrupted as Lee Holland suffered a nasty cut above the eye which required several stitches, Danny Power being his replacement at right-back.

Concord immediately capitalised as Woods reorganised, Danny Heale catching Swain out with a long range effort to give the visitors the lead on 21 minutes.

Concord were buoyed by the goal and continued to threaten, Buchanan going close before substitute Joe Gardener sent a speculative shot narrowly over the crossbar.

Northwood gradually began to regain their composure and Anthony Page sent in a low shot which flew the wrong side of the upright.

At the other end, Swain deflected a Liam Hopkins free-kick onto the crossbar.

However, the match turned on an incident a minute before the half-time break as Concord were awarded a penalty after Ryan Tackley was adjudged to have impeded Heale.

Swain was shown two yellow cards as he protested to both linesman and referee before Heale stepped up to convert the 45th minute penalty past replacement goalkeeper Rob Pearce, Danny Power having to be sacrificed by ten-man Northwood.

Woods came out in determined fashion after the break, with Ofori setting up Williams whose shot cannoned off the legs of Brightley.

Northwood went close once more as Ofori latched onto Figueiredo’s corner but his powerful header flew narrowly over.

But Woods suffered a sucker-punch when Concord broke quickly to add a third goal, Lewis stroking the ball home to put the final nail in Northwood’s coffin on 57 minutes.

Rob Ursell was introduced for Brown as Woods refused to throw in the towel.

Northwood continued to press, and they created a number of chances: Page, Ofori and Williams all having a bite at the cherry in one goalmouth melee, but Brightley was on hand to make the save.

Spirited Woods kept up the pressure but they were unable to find a way through the Concord rearguard and had to accept a rare home defeat, a result which sees Northwood remain in fifth place but only a point ahead of their Essex rivals in the battle for the play-off places.  


PHOTO GALLERY 1 (Click thumbnail to enlarge)



Photos: James Brown  

PHOTO GALLERY 2 (Click thumbnail to enlarge)



Photos: James Solomon