Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 1  Cheshunt 1

14th October 2008


Mitch Swain 1
Danny Power 2
Danny Murphy 3
Richard Orlu 4
Mark Burgess 5
John Christian 6
Michael Gordon 7
Dwane Williams 8
Sean Sonner 9
Abdul Yoki 10
Otis Williams 11
Danny Brown (9) 12
Aryan Taj (10) 14
Richard Vercesi 15
Eric Gbio 16
Rodney Hicks (8) 17
Ryman League One North
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
7.45 p.m.
Sonner 34
Harrison 3
Sent Off


1 Chris Goodchild
2 Gary Schillaci
3 Glen Parry
4 Shayne Mangodz
5 Ricky Dobson
6 Bradley Harrison
7 Ashley Taylor-Forbes
8 Kai Ramshaw
9 Tobi Ishitola
10 Yohance Lewis
11 Danny Francis
12 Nick Thorogood
14 Daniel Bradford (11)
15 Reece Prestedge (9)
16 Duane Jackman (6)
17 Harry Ricketts




Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood produced a much improved performance to earn a share of the spoils, but a harshly disallowed goal prevented them from taking all the points.

Woods were pleased to welcome back top scorer Sean Sonner following his hamstring problem whilst Dwane Williams returned to the midfield, with Rodney Hicks and Anthony Page making way.

The home side suffered the worst possible start when Cheshunt’s Bradley Harrison hit a speculative effort from distance which sailed over the unfortunate Mitch Swain in the Northwood goal to give the visitors a 3rd minute lead.

Woods brushed themselves down and set about recovering from the early setback, and the lively Michael Gordon made a trademark run and deep cross which was slightly too strong for the on-rushing Abdul Yoki.

Northwood were playing with confidence and Cheshunt keeper Chris Goodchild had a lucky escape when he gathered Danny Murphy’s free-kick at the second attempt as the ball flew off the greasy surface, with Dwane Williams ready to pounce.

Otis Williams was the next to threaten the Ambers’ goal with a strong run and shot across the face of goal, which rebounded off the far post before being cleared to safety.

Woods maintained a good tempo as they continued to search for the equaliser, and John Christian wasn’t far away as his low drive flew wide of the post after another surging run.

However, there was a nervous moment for Northwood when Ricky Dobson’s volley skimmed the crossbar and went behind for a goal-kick.

Woods’ endeavours were finally rewarded with an equaliser on 34 minutes, Sonner showing great determination  by picking himself off the floor in the box to head home the loose ball.

Northwood had to make a change moments later when Dwane Williams suffered a nasty facial injury, with Hicks his replacement in midfield.

Cheshunt went close to restoring their lead but Swain saved bravely at the feet of Yohance Lewis.

Woods were on the attack once more and they were cruelly denied the opportunity to take a deserved lead three minutes before the break when Richard Orlu rose high to meet Yoki’s hanging cross and despatch his header inside the near post. However, the referee adjudged Orlu to have infringed upon Parry and disallowed the ‘goal’.

Yoki and Gordon switched flanks for the start of the second period as Woods looked to maintain the pressure on Cheshunt, but the immediate danger was in the Northwood goalmouth as a pass from Murphy almost gifted Ashley Taylor Forbes a goal but his shot was blocked .

The tiring Sonner was replaced by Danny Brown on the hour, with Hicks pushing forward, and both played their part in a sweeping move which culminated in Otis Williams’ seeing his near post shot saved by Goodchild.

The hardworking Williams was causing plenty of problems for the Ambers’ defence and he was denied by Goodchild once again, whilst the Cheshunt ‘keeper was also called into action to deal with a long range effort from Christian.

But for all the Northwood pressure the elusive winning goal wouldn’t come, and Swain had to be alert to ensure parity as he dealt with a curling effort from Lewis.

So Woods had to settle for the point, but Colin Payne’s troops can take heart from a much better showing after the recent disappointments.