Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 2  Witham Town 0

26th January 2008


Mitch Swain 1
James Fisher 2
Ryan Tackley 3
John Christian 4
Danny Murphy (Capt.) 5
Jazz Rose 6
Abdul Yoki 7
Dwain Williams 8
Jerome Hall 9
Elliott Buchanan 10
Michael Gordon 11
Ben Harris 12
Adrian Abramian (10) 14
Danny Brown 15
Lee Holland (6) 16
Dwane Williams (8) 17
Ryman League One North
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Murphy 73, Hall 78
Sent Off

Witham Town

1 Stuart Crumpen
2 Chris Tucker
3 David Morgan
4 Grant O'Donnell
5 Nathan Sharp
6 Paul Goodwin
7 Joe Smith
8 Mitchell Lowes
9 Jamie Ricks
10 Cody McDonald
11 Rob King
12 Lance Forrester (3)
14 David Hawes (8)
15 Harry Licence (11)
16 Joshua Goodey
17 Goen Johnson



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood made it three league wins in four after a hard fought victory over Witham Town.

An injury to Bradley Hewitt meant a return to central defence for Jazz Rose, whilst John Christian reclaimed his midfield berth from Dwane Williams after being cup-tied in midweek. There was also a change on the right flank as Michael Gordon returned at the expense of Lee Holland.

Woods began in a positive manner, forcing a succession of early corners. Elliott Buchanan drew a good save from goalkeeper Stuart Crumpen before the Northwood marksman went close with a shot from the edge of the box.

The home side continued to maintain the upper hand, Crumpen saving well from James Fisher after the defender combined well with Gordon before the Witham custodian turned Yoki’s low drive around the post.

Witham were struggling to break out of their own half in a one-sided opening period but Woods were unable to turn dominance into goals. Buchanan looked likely to break the deadlock when he rounded Crumpen but he was forced into a weak shot by the recovering defence, whilst Yoki dragged a shot wide of the far post after a neat turn in the box.

It was a different story after the half-time break as Witham immediately threatened the Northwood goal, Mitch Swain being forced into his first save of the afternoon as he dealt with Cody McDonald’s effort.

Woods appeared to be losing their way as the visitors grew more ambitious, Nathan Sharp sending a free header wide of the target whilst Rob King had a deflected shot saved by Swain.

Northwood made a defensive change on the hour, Holland replacing the tiring Rose, with Fisher moving across to partner Ryan Tackley in the centre.

Woods gradually began to regain the initiative but Crumpen continued to frustrate the hosts as he produced a fine save to deny Buchanan after the latter latched onto Tackley’s ball over the top.

Dwane Williams replaced namesake Dwain in midfield as Woods continued to look for the elusive goal. But Northwood’s profligacy persisted, Christian being foiled by a point-blank Crumpen save, Jerome Hall shooting into the side-netting and Buchanan seeing his cross-shot rebound of the upright.

However, the hitherto impressive Crumpen blotted his copybook as he let Danny Murphy’s 25-yard shot slip through his grasp to give Northwood the lead on 73 minutes.

Woods were buoyed by the goal and they went close to making the game safe with a sweeping move which culminated in Gordon’s shot whistling past the far post.

However, Witham were offered a lifeline as they were awarded a penalty after Tackley upended substitute David Hawes, but Jamie Ricks was unable to convert the spot-kick as Swain saved his third spot-kick of the season.

And the visitors were made to pay when Hall made the points safe on 78 minutes as he neatly lifted the ball over the advancing Crumpen following Christian’s through-ball.

Swain was on hand to deal with McDonald’s shot whilst Adrian Abramian replaced Buchanan as the clock ticked down, and Woods were good value for a win which moved them into the top half of the table.


PHOTO GALLERY (Click thumbnail to enlarge)


Elliott Buchanan shows some close control

Photos: James Brown