Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Ware 4  Northwood 1

8th December 2007


Mitch Swain 1
Jazz Rose 2
Ryan Tackley 3
Simieon Howell 4
Bradley Hewitt 5
Adam Theo (Capt.) 6
Danny Hart 7
Dwane Williams 8
Adrian Abramian 9
Elliott Buchanan 10
Abdul Yoki 11
Ben Harris 12
Lee Holland 14
Jerome Hall (9) 15
Jeff Boadi (11) 16
John Christian (7) 17
Ryman One North
Wodson Park,
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Abramian 53
Ellerbeck 1, Nelson 2, Frendo 25, Horsey 74
Theo, Howell
Sent Off


1 Luke Woods
2  Danny Gudgeon
3 Michael Bardle
4 Danny Wolf
5 Stuart Hammonds
6 Sam Berry
7 Scott Neilson
8 Chris Ellerbeck
9 John Frendo
10 Paul Burton
11 Joe Stevens
12 Sam Rose (11)
14 Kai Ramshaw (8)
15 Steve Horsey (9)
16 -
17 -



Match Report
by Robin Piper


Northwood endured an afternoon as miserable as the weather when they were soundly beaten by Ware in atrocious conditions.

The referee surprisingly deemed the waterlogged pitch fit playable and Northwood wished he hadn’t, as they found themselves two goals down within 76 seconds and left with a mountain to climb.

Woods were unchanged once again as they looked to build on the previous week’s win against Wivenhoe.

However, Ware’s Chris Ellerbeck immediately capitalised on a Bradley Hewitt slip to put his side in front after just 12 seconds.

And the nightmare start continued when Northwood gave the ball away from the restart, resulting in Scott Neilson shooting against the post and Paul Burton converting the rebound to extend the hosts lead in the second minute.

But Woods had an excellent opportunity to reduce the arrears when Adrian Abramian latched onto Danny Hart’s cross, but his shot was cleared off the line.

Northwood continued to show their resolve in the difficult conditions, and Ryan Tackley saw his cross-shot palmed away by Ware ‘keeper Luke Woods.

However, Woods’ afternoon was effectively ended as the hosts added a third goal on 25 minutes, John Frendo latching onto a long ball over the top before applying a clinical finish.

But Northwood refused to throw in the towel in worsening conditions, Elliott Buchanan and Danny Hart going close before half-time.

And Northwood’s efforts were rewarded when they reduced the arrears on 53 minutes through Abramian. Buchanan saw his initial shot saved by Luke Woods, Jazz Rose’s follow up cannoning off the crossbar, to Abramian who showed his team-mates how it was done.

And Abramian was in the thick of it again as he latched onto Rose’s far post cross, Luke Woods pulling off a fine save to foil the striker’s stooping header.

However, Abramian was surprisingly substituted after 64 minutes, Jerome Hall taking his place in attack.

But it was the hosts who found the way to goal once more as they made it 4-1 on 74 minutes as substitute Steve Horsey picked up on a long clearance, before giving Swain no chance with a fierce shot.

John Christian was given his Northwood debut as a replacement for Simieon Howell whilst Abdul Yoki made way for Jeff Boadi. But it was the hosts who almost grabbed a fifth goal when Neilson shot against the woodwork.

The final whistle was welcomed with relief by a bedraggled Woods as they reflected on another episode in a topsy-turvy season.

PHOTO GALLERY (Click thumbnail to enlarge)


Woods attack on the left flank

Photos: James Brown