Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Walton Casuals 1  Northwood 0

2nd October 2007


Bill Fishenden 1
Lee Holland 2
Danny Murphy 3
Terry Hogan 4
Jazz Rose 5
Adam Theo 6
Dean Clark (Capt.) 7
Dwane Williams 8
Jermaine Hamilton 9
Adrian Abramian 10
Elliott Buchanan 11
Adam Thomson 12
Kyle Matthews (4) 14
Nicky Pearce 15
Jack Bennett (10) 16
Danny Brown (7) 17
Ryman League Cup
Franklyn Road Ground,
Walton on Thames
Kick Off
7.45 p.m.
Walton Casuals
Murray-Price 64
Walton Casuals
Sent Off
Walton Casuals

Walton Casuals

1 Paul Smith
2 Adam Kent
3 Rico Morris
4 Max Hustwick
5 John Ambridge
6 Craig Lewington
7 Anthony Gale
8 Jefferson Gowland
9 Carlton Murray-Price
10 Stephen Omonua
11 Greg Ball
12 James Crowe (3)
14 Garry Mabbutt (10)
15 Chris Kiganda (11)
16 Cristiano Ferreira
17 Lamin Ojo



Match Report
by Robin Piper


Northwood will want to forget their first ever visit to the Franklyn Road Sports Ground after an under-par display resulted in them exiting the Isthmian League Cup.

Manager Colin Payne was hoping to build on the previous Saturday’s win over Ilford, instead his troops delivered a performance which matched the miserable weather conditions.

There were a number of changes to the Northwood line-up. Terry Hogan replaced the injured Bradley Hewitt in a three-man defensive unit, whilst there was a return for Lee Holland in the right wing-back role, with Simieon Howell unfit to take his usual place in midfield. There was also a change up front with Jermaine Hamilton returning to partner Adrian Abramian, Elliott Buchanan moving to the left flank and Kyle Matthews starting on the bench. In a further alteration, Billy Fishenden replacing on-loan Adam Thomson in goal.

And in a drab opening fifteen minutes the only incident of note came from the hosts, who attempted a couple of long range efforts through Adam Kent and Craig Lewington, Fishenden coping comfortably with the danger.

Woods’ first attempt on goal came just before the half-hour mark as Hamilton saw his shot deflected wide after good work from Abramian.

Northwood went close again moments later when Casuals’ goalkeeper Paul Smith did well to keep out a header from team-mate Kent after Dean Clark’s far post corner.

Woods looked to be finding their feet as they attacked again through Danny Murphy, his cross being deflected over the cross-bar by Smith.

At the other end, Fishenden saved well from Jefferson Gowland.

But Northwood had a great chance to open the scoring on the stroke of half-time, when Abramian slid the ball across the six yard box – but there was no-one there to apply the finish.

Colin Payne reshuffled the pack at the break, Dean Clark and Hogan making way for Danny Brown and Matthews, with the Woods switching to a 4-4-2 formation.

However, the changes had little effect for a stuttering Northwood who were increasingly on the back foot, and Fishenden pulled off another smart save to deny Anthony Gale.

Walton threatened once again as Greg Ball crossed for Carlton Murray Price but his header crashed against the post.

However, the hosts were not to be denied and the crucial goal duly arrived on 65 minutes, Gale providing the cross for the unmarked Murray-Price to volley home.

Murray-Price almost added a second goal minutes later but he sent his header wide of the upright.

Youngster Jack Bennett was added to the fray with ten minutes left on the clock, Abramian making way, as Woods looked to force extra-time.

Northwood finally forced a save out of Smith, the Walton stopper doing well to divert Matthews’ fierce snap-shot.

But that was the closest that Woods came to scoring on an forgettable evening, which leaves Colin Payne and his players plenty to ponder during their enforced break, Northwood having an exemption from the F.A. Trophy preliminary round on Saturday.