Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 3  Ilford 1

29th September 2007


Adam Thomson 1
Bradley Hewitt 2
Danny Murphy 3
Simieon Howell 4
Jazz Rose 5
Adam Theo 6
Dean Clark (Capt.) 7
Dwane Williams 8
Adrian Abramian 9
Kyle Matthews 10
Elliott Buchanan 11
Chris Mills 12
Lee Holland (2) 14
Jermaine Hamilton (7) 15
Danny Brown 16
Bill Fishenden 17
Ryman League One North
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Abramian 4, Buchanan 50, Matthews 52
Cole 67
Carter, Bailey
Sent Off


1 James Marrable
2 Carl Bailey
3 Kevin Skinner
4 Rickie Hayles
5 Moses Jjunju
6 Ionut Bordiano
7 Lee Wolton
8 Sam Carter
9 Chris Stevens
10 Ronnie Gould
11 James Cole
12 Ricky Simmons (6)
14 Julian Edwards (3)
15 Joey May
16 Marc Clearey (10)
17 Chris Cooper



Match Report
by Robin Piper


Northwood returned to winning ways with a comfortable win over lowly Ilford.

There were a couple changes from the team that lost in midweek to Arlesey, Elliott Buchanan returning from injury to partner Adrian Abramian in attack with Jermaine Hamilton making way, whilst Kyle Matthews replaced the injured Abdul Yoki on the right flank.

And Woods got the perfect start as they opened the scoring on four minutes. Buchanan was the provider, sending over a delightful cross which was met first time by Abramian for his second goal in three games.

Northwood continued to dominate and they had chances to increase their lead. Twice Danny Murphy sent over far post crosses and twice Matthews was denied by ‘keeper James Marrable.

In a rare moment of Ilford pressure Ronnie Gould lifted a shot into the arms of Northwood ‘keeper Adam Thomson.

But Woods were soon back on the attack with Abramian seeing his shot well, saved whilst Simieon Howell went close with a curling effort from the edge of the box.

There were further chances at either end before the half-time break. Thomson was twice called into action as he saved well from Moses Jjunju and Gould.

However, Northwood continued to hold the upper hand, Bradley Hewitt seeing his header from Dean Clark’s corner blocked on the line, whilst Matthews and Buchanan threatened the Ilford goal.

Woods’ dominance was confirmed with a goal five minutes into the second-half. Skipper Clark played a defence-splitting ball through to Buchanan who nonchalantly stroked the ball home for his second goal of the season.

And the contest was effectively over two minutes later as Matthews made it 3-0, sending a low drive into the far corner of the net after Ilford failed to clear a Clark corner.

Woods were forced into a change just before the hour mark, Clark succumbing to injury to be replaced by striker Hamilton, Buchanan moving onto the left flank.

It was one-way traffic now, with Ilford looking increasingly forlorn and Hamilton had two good chances to increase the lead, Marrable pulling off one superb save, whilst the hosts had a good penalty shout turned down after Hamilton was impeded by Carl Bailey.

However, Ilford threw themselves a lifeline on 67 minutes as James Cole beat Thomson with a shot from outside the box following a quick break.

But the visitors never looked like adding to their solitary strike as Northwood regained the attacking initiative, with Matthews seeing his shot well saved.

There was a rearrangement of the defence when Lee Holland replaced the injured Hewitt in the 78th minute, but Woods managed to keep the tempo going with a strong finish to the game. Matthews tried his luck with a long range effort whilst Hamilton should have done better after a neat flick-on from the impressive Abramian.

And there were further chances for Woods as Murphy and Howell went close, but there were to be no additions to the scoreline, and Northwood could reflect on a job well done. 

PHOTO GALLERY (Click thumbnail to enlarge)


All waiting for Danny Murphy's throw

Photos: James Brown