Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 2  Hornchurch 1

6th November 2007


Mitch Swain 1
Ryan Tackley 2
Jazz Rose 3
Simieon Howell 4
Bradley Hewitt 5
Adam Theo (Capt.) 6
Danny Hart 7
Dwane Williams 8
Adrian Abramian 9
Elliott Buchanan 10
Abdul Yoki 11
Simon Dean (gk) 12
Dean Clark 14
Jerome Hall (9) 15
Terry Hogan 16
Danny Brown 17
FA Trophy 2nd Qual. Rnd. Replay
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
7.45 p.m.
Yoki 59, Buchanan 65
Lee 77
Howell, Rose, theo
Sent Off


1 Dale Brightley
2 Jordon Bostock
3 Danny Glozier
4 John Purdie
5 Elliot Styles
6 Donny Barnard
7 Andy Tomlinson
8 Joe Keith
9 Kris Lee
10 Harry Elmes
11 Shane Oakley
12 Richard Halle (8)
14 Michael Ramkin (3)
15 Tony Fraser
16 Max Holt
18 Richard McKinney (gk)



Click for goal action
(with thanks to

Mitch Swain's penalty save     Abdul Yoki puts Woods ahead
Elliott Buchanan makes it 2-0       Kris Lee pulls one back

Match Report
by Robin Piper


Northwood deservedly booked their place in the next round of the F.A. Carlsberg Trophy following a battling win over Ryman Premier Division Hornchurch, which included another penalty save from goalkeeper Mitch Swain.

Woods made one change following Saturday’s draw, Ryan Tackley returning from injury to regain his place in defence at the expense of Terry Hogan.

It was the Urchins from Essex who made the stronger start. Donny Barnard dragged his shot across the face of the goal after latching onto a long clearance from ‘keeper Dale Brightly whilst Woods’ counterpart Swain produced an instinctive save to deny Kris Lee.

The visitors continued to threaten the Northwood goal, but the determined home rearguard blocked Lee’s shot.

Having soaked up the early pressure, Woods gradually began to settle, Adam Theo finding Elliott Buchanan in a good position – but his first time shot was wide of the target.

Woods were soon on the attack again, the Hornchurch defence only clearing the ball as far as Danny Hart, who miscued his attempt to return the ball into the unguarded net.

At the other end, the Urchins continued to carry a threat with Harry Elmes twice going close, Bradley Hewitt blocking a close range shot before Swain had to be alert to foil a free header.

And Hornchurch had a golden opportunity to open the scoring when the otherwise impressive Hewitt conceded a 21st minute penalty for a trip on Lee. However, Swain chose correctly as he flew to his left to divert Joe Keith’s spot-kick.

Swain’s heroics appeared to inspire Northwood, and they created a number of openings before the break. Adrian Abramian, Buchanan and Abdul Yoki all went close, whilst Dwane Williams had a couple of opportunities to give Woods the lead.

After surviving a  couple of early second-half scares it was Woods who finally scored the elusive goal on 57 minutes, Yoki giving Brightley no chance with a low drive from the edge of the box.

Hornchurch were rocked by the goal and they almost conceded a second as Tackley’s enticing cross just evaded the on-rushing Abramian and Buchanan.

However, the Urchins went close to drawing level, but they were foiled by Swain once again as he saved well from Lee.

In fact it was Northwood who showed Hornchurch how it should be done when they extended their lead on 65 minutes. Abramian was the catalyst as he won possession in the box before pulling the ball back to Buchanan, who finished with aplomb.

And Woods almost put the tie beyond the Urchins but Brightley was equal to Yoki’s firm shot following strong run.

Hornchurch were growing increasingly desperate as they searched for a way back and they had a loud appeal for a handball against Williams turned down by referee Gavin Muge.

However, a nervous finale was guaranteed as the Urchins finally found a way past Swain, Lee finding the net in the 77th minute.

And there were chances at either end in a frantic finale, Yoki having another shot saved by Brightley, whilst Northwood survived a last minute goalmouth scramble to keep their lead intact and move into the next round, where they will lock horns with AFC Wimbledon.