Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 0  Hendon 3

19th February 2008


Mitch Swain 1
Lee Holland 2
Ryan Tackley 3
Dwane Williams 4
Danny Murphy 5
Adam Theo (Capt.) 6
Abdul Yoki 7
Dwain Williams 8
Jerome Hall 9
Phil Turner 10
Michael Gordon 11
Hugo Figueiredo 12
Danny Brown (10) 14
Aryan Taj (7) 15
Liam O'Keefe 16
Gary Edwards (5) 17
Middx Senior Cup semi-final
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
7.45 p.m.
Maclaren 9, Dyer 77 
  I.Guentchev 87
Sent Off


1 Luke Blackmore
2 James Parker
3 Alan Massey
4 James Burgess
5 Sam Page
6 Lee O'Leary
7 Lubomir Guentchev
8 Casey Maclaren
9 Danny Dyer
10 Davis Haule
11 Sam Collins
12 Marc Leach
14 Brian Haule (6)
15 Iavor Guentchev (7)
16 Gary McCann
17 Belal Aiteouakrim



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Battling Northwood’s defence of the Middlesex Senior Cup was ended at the semi-final stage when they were comprehensively beaten by Ryman Premier Hendon.

With injury, illness, suspensions and cup-tied players causing havoc to his squad, manager Colin Payne had to juggle troops once more, bringing Jerome Hall and Lee Holland into the starting line-up.

Woods were the first to threaten as Abdul Yoki tried his luck with a shot from outside the box but goalkeeper Luke Blackmore was alert to the situation.

The Greens posed questions of their own as Casey Maclaren headed into the arms of Mitch Swain in the Northwood goal.

But Swain was unable to prevent Maclaren giving Hendon the lead on nine minutes as the latter shot inside the far post after the Northwood defence had switched off.

Woods were given a golden opportunity to restore the balance when they were awarded a penalty on 16 minutes after Phil Turner was hauled back in the box but Ryan Tackley’s spot-kick was comfortably saved by Blackmore.

And Lubomir Guentchev went close to rubbing salt into Woods’ wounds as he bore down on the goal but he was denied by Adam Theo’s last ditch tackle.

The action quickly switched to the other end as Hall ran half the length of the pitch, but he sliced his shot wide with only Blackmore to beat.

Hendon proceeded to dominate up to the half-time break as they created a succession of chances. Maclaren twice tested Swain with headers whilst he went close with a long range shot. Lee O’Leary and James Burgess also went close with speculative shots.

Woods made a change at half-time as Danny Brown was introduced for Phil Turner.

And with Woods were looking more dangerous, Dwain Williams went close with a  couple of shots.

Chances were being created at both ends, substitute Brian Haule dragging his shot wide of the wide post for Hendon.

And it was the visitors who extended their lead through Danny Dyer following a quick break on 77 minutes.

Aryan Taj was introduced for Yoki with ten minutes left on the clock, but he had little chance to shine.

Gary Edwards replaced Danny Murphy for the closing minutes but Northwood’s frustrations were made complete as the Greens booked their place in the final with their third goal on 86 minutes, substitute Iavor Guentchev applying a clinical finish after he was picked out by Danny Dyer.