Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Bury Town 3  Northwood 0

19th April 2008


Mitch Swain 1
 Lee Holland 2
Danny Murphy (Capt.) 3
John Christian 4
Bradley Hewitt 5
Ryan Tackley 6
Michael Gordon 7
Dwane Williams 8
Sean Sonner 9
Matt Baxter 10
Abdul Yoki 11
Danny Brown 12
Dwain Williams (11) 14
Prince Toku (7) 15
Jerome Hall (10) 16
- 17
Ryman League One North
Ram Meadow,
Bury St Edmunds
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Reed 21, Smith 22, Foster 53
Sent Off

Bury Town

1 Dean Greygoose
2 Sam Nunn
3 Ashley Sloots
4 Ryan Foster
5 Gavin Johnson
6 Tom Bullard (Capt.)
7 Lee Smith
8 Daniel Cornwell
9 Sam Reed
10 Liam Barrett
11 Lee Reed
12 Michael Steward (7)
14 Steve Bugg (9)
15 Aaron Piggott (10)
16 Jonny Miller
17 Sean Greygoose (GK)



Match Report
by Robin Piper


Northwood’s longest trip of the season proved a fruitless one after they were soundly beaten by play-off hopefuls Bury.

Woods’ hopes were dashed as they conceded two goals in as many first-half minutes.

Fit again Ryan Tackley returned to central defence in place of the injured Gary Edwards, the only change to the Northwood line-up.

Both sides started brightly with Mitch Swain twice saving well from Bury’s Sam Reed whilst home keeper Dean Greygoose had to claw away Abdul Yoki’s near post shot.

And Woods were unfortunate not to take the lead as Matt Baxter’s half-volley rattled the post, Yoki’s follow-up shot being gratefully gathered by Greygoose.

Northwood continued their positive start and Sean Sonner found himself in a good position but was off-target from just inside the area.

The dangerous Reed threatened the Woods goal once more but he dragged his shot wide of the far post.

But Reed was not to be denied as he gave Bury the lead on 21 minutes, heading home after Woods had failed to clear Sam Nunn’s long throw into the box.

And things got worse for Northwood a minute later when they conceded a second goal, Reed fending off Danny Murphy’s challenge before squaring to Lee Smith who swept the ball home.

Woods needed an early second half goal if they were to get back in the match, but it was the hosts who added to the scoring, and they put the game beyond Northwood with a third goal on 53 minutes, Ryan Foster chipping the ball over Swain and into the far corner.

Bury continued to press for more goals and Reed had a couple of opportunities, miscuing a free header before firing a shot straight at Swain.

Woods, to their credit, refused to throw in the towel and continued to play their football, and Greygoose on hand to deny Sonner from close range after Michael Gordon and Baxter combined to create the opening.

Dwain Williams replaced Yoki with twenty minutes remaining while Baxter made way for Jerome Hall.

Northwood were seeing plenty of the ball but were struggling to get behind the solid Bury rearguard, although Sonner went close as he sent a stooping header wide of the upright following Murphy’s free-kick into the box.

Prince Toku was introduced for Gordon for the last five minutes but Murphy’s free-kick into the side-netting and Dwain Williams long-range attempt were the final efforts of any note, leaving Woods to reflect on only their second defeat in eleven games.