Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 3  Arlesey Town 3

12th January 2008


Ben Harris 1
James Fisher 2
Lee Holland 3
John Christian 4
Bradley Hewitt 5
Adam Theo (Capt.) 6
Abdul Yoki 7
Dwain Williams 8
Jerome Hall 9
Elliott Buchanan 10
Michael Gordon 11
Mitch Swain 12
Ryan Tackley 14
Shane Campbell 15
Dwane Williams 16
Liam O'Keefe 17
Ryman League One North
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Buchanan 10, Hall 54, Hewitt 56
Beech 2, Clarke, Opara 75
Theo, Yoki
Sent Off

Arlesey Town

1 Jake Whincup
2 Matt Waldron
3 Ross Edwards
4 Danny Honeyball
5 Shane Brown
6 Ryan Hall
7 Matthew Clarke
8 George Fowler
9 Tom Beech
10 Lloyd Opara
11 Idemudia Okoje
12 Ryan Oliva
14 Lee Tekell
15 Ieuon Lewis (11)
16 Andy Read (4)
17 Luke Howard



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Draw specialists Northwood recorded their fifth stalemate in six games in an entertaining encounter against their mid-table rivals.

Injuries continue to plague Woods, with ‘keeper Mitch Swain and Adrian Abramian the latest additions to the list, Ben Harris and Jerome Hall being their respective replacements.

Northwood suffered the worse possible start as they were caught cold in the second minute, Arlesey’s Tom Beech heading home unchallenged from player-manager Danny Honeyball’s coner.

But Woods were denied the opportunity to post an immediate response when they were denied a blatant penalty for handball, the referee deciding to ignore his perfectly positioned assistant’s flag before Michael Gordon’s follow-up shot was tipped over by ‘keeper Jake Whincup.

And Northwood almost suffered further disappointment as a defensive slip allowed Lloyd Opara a shot on goal, Harris pulling off a sharp save to deny the Arlesey striker.

However, Woods restored the balance on 11 minutes when the in-form Elliott Buchanan bagged his sixth goal in three games, latching onto Hall’s cross to send his header beyond Whincup.

Northwood proceeded to take the game to Arlesey, Dwain Williams and Buchanan going close, whilst Abdul Yoki tested Whincup with a 25-yard free-kick.

However, Woods’ progress was halted as Matthew Clarke sent a stunning long-range volley fizzing past Harris to restore the visitors lead on 27 minutes.

Northwood refused to be bowed as they looked to equalise before the half-time break, Buchanan having a shot saved, whilst James Fisher and Buchanan tried their luck from distance.

Fisher went close once again immediately after the restart as he headed narrowly wide following Williams’ corner.

But Northwood’s perseverance was rewarded when they drew level on 54 minutes, Hall slotting the ball beyond Whincup after Buchanan latched onto a poor defensive clearance from Honeyball.

And Woods completed the recovery a minute later as they took the lead through Bradley Hewitt, the defender heading home from Gordon’s cross.

Northwood went close to making the game safe as Fisher sent another header narrowly wide from another pinpoint Williams’ corner.

But Northwood were punished for their profligacy as Opara equalised for Arlesey on 75 minutes after Woods failed to clear their lines, Opara’s shot just managing to find the net after a brave attempted save from Harris.

The visitors briefly threatened to grab the winner as they forced Northwood onto the back foot but the home defence stood firm.

And Woods had chances to take the points in the closing stages, Hewitt and Hall finding themselves in goalscoring positions whilst Williams tested Whincup with a shot from outside the box.

However, Northwood were unable to force the winning goal and had to settle for a point, a draw which extends the unbeaten league run to seven games.