Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 1  Tiverton Town 3

23rd December 2006


Rob Bullivant
Dave Nolan 2
Danny Murphy 3
James Shipperley 4
Bradley Hewitt 5
Dwane Williams 6
Lee Holland 7
Mark Nicholls 8
David Warner 9
Peter Dean 10
Danny Julienne 11
Lee Tunnell (2) 14
Perry Norman 15
Wayne Carter (9) 16
Elliott Buchanan (7) 17
Jack Lisi 18
British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Nicholls 45
Thomas 6, Cliff-Brown 90, Mudge 90
Holland, Williams
Sent Off

Tiverton Town

1 Kevin Readings
2 Mike Booth
3 Chris Vinnicombe
4 Danny Harris
5 Tom Gardner
6 Andrew Thomas
7 Carl Cliff-Brown
8 Chris Bale
9 Phil Walsh
10 Chris Holloway
11 Jamie Mudge
12 Nathan Pepperell (9)
14 Jamie Skinner (10)
15 Richard Lammacraft



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood’s recent unbeaten run was cruelly ended as they conceded two stoppage time goals at home to mid-table Tiverton.

The Woods deserved better after they played most of the second half with ten men after Danny Julienne’s third sending-off of the season.

Manager Colin Payne, who watched the game from the stand due to his one-match touchline ban, had to make a couple of changes to the team that beat Rugby a couple of weeks before. Bradley Hewitt replaced the suspended Mark Dennison in central defence whilst Dwane Williams returned to the midfield with Jerome Hall missing through injury.

After a fairly even opening, Tiverton took the lead in the 6th minute as defender Andrew Thomas bundled the ball home after Northwood had failed to deal with a near post corner.

The visitors were buoyed by the early goal and they threatened to extend their lead, Rob Bullivant producing a smart save to turn Chris Bale’s low drive around the post.

Northwood finally began to ask questions of the Tiverton defence. Thomas was on hand to clear the danger after James Shipperley headed Mark Nicholls’ far post free-kick across the face of the goal before Hewitt went close with shot after David Warner’s initial effort was blocked.

The game was being keenly contested by two evenly matched sides, Julienne unluckily picking up his first yellow card of the afternoon.

However, Northwood restored parity as the game moved into the 4th minute of added time at the end of the first period. Peter Dean began the move playing the ball inside to the advancing Shipperley, his through ball finding Nicholls who shot instinctively into the bottom corner of the net.

Northwood suffered a scare early in the second half as Phil Walsh scooped the ball over from close range following a low cross into the danger area.

However, Woods task was made more difficult as Julienne received his marching orders on 56 minutes.

And Northwood warmed to the task as Tiverton struggled to create any clear-cut  chances.

The visitors made a couple of substitutions as they looked to make the numerical advantage count whilst the fresh legs of Elliott Buchanan were introduced with 17 minutes left on the clock.

Tiverton briefly threatened as Bullivant dealt with shots from  Jamie Mudge and Bale. But Woods almost delivered the sucker-punch, Readings pulling off a superb finger tip save to deny the impressive Williams, whilst Warner was inches away from Buchanan’s tantalising cross.

However, Northwood suffered two hammer blows as the game moved deep into stoppage time. Firstly, Carl Cliff-Brown was one hand to follow up after Bullivant had produced a fine save to deny Chris Vinnicombe’s initial effort, before Mudge converted to give the score-line a distorted look and condemn Woods to their first league defeat in four games.


Photo: Paul Evans