Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Tiverton Town 0  Northwood 2

17th March 2007


Mikhael Jaimez-Ruiz
Bradley Hewitt 2
Danny Murphy 3
Terry Hogan 4
James Shipperley 5
Wayne Carter 6
Dwane Williams 7
Elliott Buchanan 8
Harry Hunt 9
Peter Dean 10
Damon Ming 11
Bill Fishenden 12
Joe Sparrowhawk (6) 14
Jerome Hall (9) 15
Nick Pearce (5) 16
- 17
British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Carter 56, Hunt 65
Vinnicombe, Booth
Sent Off

Tiverton Town

1 Danny Barker
2 Mike Booth
3  Chris Vinnicombe
4 Tom Gardner
5 Nathan Rudge
6 Andrew Thomas
7  Dean Stamp
8 Chris Bale
9 Carl Cliff-Brown
10 Chris Holloway
11 James Mudge
12 Danny Harris
14 Jamie Skinner (6)
15 Richard Lammacraft (11)
16 -
17 -



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood made it two wins in a week with a superb second-half performance to ensure a happy journey home after their sojourn to mid-Devon.

Manager Colin Payne was forced into a reshuffle following the midweek win over Hitchin, Terry Hogan moving to right-back in the absence of Lee Holland, Bradley Hewitt – who was a rock in central defence – returning after his injury lay-off.

In a swirling wind, Woods struggled to make an impression in the early stages, Tiverton creating a host of chances. The lively Dean Stamp had a couple of opportunities to open the scoring, firstly being denied by the impressive Mikhael Jaimez-Ruiz, before shooting wide when well placed.

Jaimez-Ruiz was being kept busy as Tiverton continued to test the Northwood rearguard, James Mudge the next to be foiled by the Venezuelan stopper whilst Stamp and Chris Holloway were also left frustrated.

Tivvy continued to dominate proceedings, with Mike Booth and Mudge going close.

Having weathered the storm, Peter Dean missed a great chance to give Woods the lead against the run of play, volleying over from close range after James Shipperley headed Wayne Carter’s far post free-kick back into the danger area.

However, normality resumed as Tiverton were back on the offensive, but they could find no way past Jaimez-Ruiz, who pulled off a smart save to deny Stamp once again.

Northwood were forced into a change at the break, Shipperley finally succumbing to his groin injury, and substitute Nick Pearce slotted in at right-back, with Hogan moving into the centre of defence.

After Woods had soaked up further Tiverton pressure immediately after the restart, they gradually began to make an impression at the other end.

And it was Northwood who opened the scoring with a well worked goal on 56 minutes. The impressive Damon Ming was the instigator, getting to the by-line before sending over a superb cross, which was headed home by Carter.

However, Tiverton almost posted an immediate reply as Holloway saw his shot fly narrowly past the upright.

But Woods were looking increasingly dangerous, with Ming continuing to test Tiverton with his darting runs.

And it was Ming who turned provider once again as Northwood extended their lead after 65 minutes, shimmying into the box before squaring the ball to Harry Hunt, who bundled the ball over the line for his second goal of the week.

Unfortunately Hunt injured himself whilst converting the goal and he was replaced by Jerome Hall for the final half-hour.

Northwood continued to take the game to the hosts as they pressed for a third goal, Hewitt almost beating Tivvy ‘keeper Danny Barker after the hosts failed to clear a free-kick into the box.

Elliott Buchanan was the next to threaten the hosts goal, his shot flying wide of the far post after good work from Carter.

Tiverton were growing increasingly irked at their inability to get back into the match and their frustrations were all too obvious as Holloway received a red card seven minutes from time for a crude challenge on substitute Joe Sparrowhawk  who was on the pitch as a replacement for Carter.

The sending-off was the final nail in the Tiverton coffin, the hosts never looking like breeching the superb Northwood defence, enabling Woods  to celebrate a fine win which takes them off the foot of the table.

PHOTO GALLERY (Click thumbnail to enlarge)


Harry Hunt shoots for goal