Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Byrne Stand sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Rugby Town 3  Northwood 0

21st April 2007


Bill Fishenden
Terry Hogan 2
Ryan Tackley 3
Bradley Hewitt 4
Perry Norman 5
Danny Julienne 6
Karl Lewis 7
Joe Sparrowhawk 8
Elliott Buchanan 9
Peter Dean 10
Danny Murphy 11
Jerome Hall 14
Harry Hunt (5) 15
Dave Sexton (7) 16
Dave Nolan 17
Jack Bennett (9) 18
British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division
Butlin Road,
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Adeltoun 8,28, Tullin 52
Sent Off

Rugby Town

1 Farhad Afandeyev
2 Aaron Stringfellow
3 Andy Commander
4 Craig Herbert
5 Delroy Gordon
6 Parys OkaiD
7 Chris Tullin
8 Tom Breward
9 Akinwale Adeltoun
10 David Stone
11 David Staff.
12 David Kolodyinski
14 Matt Gearing (5)
15 Michael Skubala (4)
16 Ross Harris



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood’s four year Premier Division sojourn is almost over after relegation was confirmed following a three goal defeat at Butlin Road.

The Woods, who needed a win to keep their slim hopes of avoiding the drop alive, were never in the game, and accompany Corby and Cirencester Town in the move down to Division One.

Northwood had to do without their influential skipper Wayne Carter, missing through suspension, whilst midfielder Dwane Williams was absent once again, James Sparrowhawk accompanying Danny Julienne in central midfield. There was also a start in attack for Karl Lewis, Harry Hunt reverting to the subs bench.

Rugby were quickly into their stride, Bill Fishenden pulling off the first of many fine saves as he denied Akinwale Adeltoun in the opening minute.

However, Adeltoun capitalised on a mix up between Fishenden and defender Perry Norman to roll the ball into an empty net to give the hosts the lead on eight minutes.

Northwood were looking distinctly second best as Rugby looked to extend their lead, Fishenden performing heroics as he saved shots from Chris Tullin, Adeltoun, and David Staff.

After David Stone had pulled a shot wide of the goal after breaking clear of the Northwood defence, Rugby’s superiority was confirmed with a second goal in the 28th minute. Adeltoun applied the finish once more following a sweeping move involving Tullin and Stone.

Having failed to trouble home ‘keeper Farhad Afandiyev in the opening period, Woods hoped for better things after the break.

And Northwood made a bright start, Lewis not getting enough power on shot to trouble Afandiyev, whilst Elliot Buchanan shot into the side netting after good work from Peter Dean.

However, Rugby continued to look dangerous on the break, Andy Commander heading over from a corner, while Fishenden was on hand to block a shot from the hat-trick seeking Adeltoun.

But the young Woods keeper was powerless to prevent Tullin adding a third on 52 minutes when he latched onto Parys Okai’s left wing cross to seal Northwood’s fate.

With nothing left to lose, Woods added an extra attacker in the shape of Hunt, with Norman making way.

And for a while Northwood suggested they might yet make a game of it, Lewis off-target when well placed before Afandiyev produced a good save to deny Hunt, Dean almost latching onto the rebound.

And after Rugby squandered a great chance to add a fourth goal, Stone shooting into the side-netting, there were further chances for Northwood to gain a consolation through Buchanan and Dean.

However, Woods were indebted to Fishenden once again as he saved from Tom Breward.

Dave Sexton and Jack Bennett were introduced for Lewis and Buchanan respectively, but it was the hosts who looked the more dangerous in the closing stages. Fishenden continued to show what a bright future he has when he produced fine saves to deny Staff and Stone, whilst Adeltoun should have wrapped up his hat-trick but shot wide from close range, as Northwood conceded defeat in their brave fight against relegation.


PHOTO GALLERY (Click thumbnail to enlarge)


Karl Lewis started for the first time