Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Maidenhead United 2  Northwood 0

3rd October 2006


Rob Bullivant
Danny Julienne 2
Ricky Alexander 3
Dean Powles 4
James Shipperley 5
Wayne Carter (Capt.) 6
Mark Nicholls 7
Dean Clark 8
Dave Warner 9
Peter Dean 10
Gavin Hart 11
Aaron Coldman 12
Elliott Buchanan (8) 14
Max Howell (3) 15
Shane O'Neill (11) 16
David Jones 17
British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division
York Road,
Kick Off
7.45 p.m.
Sterling 15, Romeo 42
Alexander, Hart
Witt, O'Connor
Sent Off

Maidenhead United

1 Francisco Ramos
2 Ashley Smith
3 Ryan Parsons
4 Dominic Sterling
5 Mark Nisbet
6 Rob Hughes
7 Yashwa Romeo
8 Richard Witt
9 Craig O'Connor
10 Adbul Osman
11 Dwain Clarke
12 Nathan Bunce
14 Craig Lewington (8)
15 Lee Newman (9)
16 Brian Haule
17 Nick Jackson (11)



Match Report
by Robin Piper

It might have been the first game of a new month, but it was back to the old ways for Northwood as they suffered defeat and yet another sending off on a miserable evening at York Road.

Hopes were high for Woods after they salvaged a point at Gloucester on their last outing, but they were distinctly second best against a revitalised Magpies outfit who were under the stewardship of caretaker manager Richie Goddard following the recent departure of Carl Taylor.

Injuries and suspensions continued to cause problems for Northwood. David Warner made his first start in attack in place of the injured Lee Tunnell, whilst Ricky Alexander replaced Danny Murphy at left-back. But there was a return for Dean Powles as partner to James Shipperley in the centre of defence.

Northwood began well and immediately had the hosts on the back foot. Mark Nicholls’ clever ball almost created an early chance for Warner, whilst Dean Clark saw his goal-bound shot cleared off the line by Ashley Smith after being set up by Peter Dean.

However, the early optimism was extinguished as Northwood fell behind to a soft goal on 11 minutes. After conceding a free-kick by the corner flag, the Woods’ defence allowed Dominic Sterling to convert at the near post to give the Magpies the lead against the run of play.

The goal gave Maidenhead renewed vigour as they threatened to extend their lead. Northwood ‘keeper Rob Bullivant was called upon to deny Dwain Clarke following Ryan Parson’s low cross before the Woods stopper was called into action once again, clawing away Craig O’Connor’s header.

However, Bullivant turned villain as the Magpies added to their lead three minutes before the break. Bullivant’s hurried throw out was immediately returned over a square Northwood defence, allowing Yashwa Romeo to round the ‘keeper and roll the ball into an empty net.

Any hopes Northwood might have had of finding a way back into the match were swiftly diminished immediately after the restart as Danny Julienne was sent off for the second time this season after receiving a second yellow card for a clumsy challenge.

Ten-man Northwood rallied briefly, Dean seeing a couple of cross-shots cut out by ‘keeper Chico Ramos, whilst Clark tried his luck from 30 yards, his shot clearing the crossbar.

Elliott Buchanan and Max Howell were introduced for Clark and Alexander, but Northwood never looked like getting back in the game.

In fact is was Maidenhead who threatened to add to their score. Craig O’Connor squandered a couple of chances whilst Clarke dragged his shot wide of the upright when well placed.

Youngster Shane O’Neill replaced Gavin Hart with ten minutes left on the clock but the whistle couldn’t come quick enough for Northwood as they contemplated their fifth league defeat of the season.