Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Byrne Stand sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 3  Hendon 0

12th August 2006


Rob Bullivant
Danny Julienne 2
Danny Murphy 3
Mark Dennison 4
Perry Norman 5
Wayne Carter 6
Dean Powles 7
Dean Clark 8
Lee Tunnell 9
Peter Dean 10
Gavin Hart 11
Dave Nolan (9) 12
James Shipperley (11) 14
Elliott Buchanan (3) 15
Carl Hunt (10) 16
Ross Hanley (6) 17
James Hamsher (8) 18
Pre-season friendly
Chestnut Avenue
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Dean 2, Hanley
Sent Off


1 Anthony O'Connor
2 James Parker
3 Craig Vargas
4 Ryan Wharton
5 Wayne O'Sullivan
6 Rakatahr Hudson
7 Dwayne Williams
8 Lee O'Leary
9 Leon McDowall
10 Nas Richardson
11 Josh Hunte
12 Hussain Karas (3)
14 Danny Edwards (9)
15 Rene Steet (4)
16 Jamie Busby (11)
17 Greg Deacon (6)



Match Report
by Alan Evans

Manager Colin Payne would have been happy with the result of this final pre-season game as the Woods recorded a comfortable 3-0 victory over Ryman Premier side Hendon.

Peter Dean returned from a week's holiday looking refreshed and although Liam Watson, Ricky Alexander, Shane O'Neill, Leon Callender, and Shayne Demetrious were all missing, the manager still had nineteen players to call upon.

Northwood looked more fluid and composed throughout the game and could have had a penalty after just a few minutes when Lee Tunnell was sent sprawling but decision gave a free-kick right on the edge of the area. That was wasted but Dean Clark enjoyed an excellent first-half and was soon testing the Hendon goalkeeper with some accurate shooting. Lee Tunnell appeared to have scored his elusive first goal for the club when he cleverly beat goalkeeper Anthony O'Connor but the referee ruled it out, having spotted a shirt pull.

There was a blow when an injury to Danny Murphy ended his involvement at left-back and 17-year-old Elliott Buchanan came on to cover in an unfamiliar position.

Peter Dean saw a shot well saved by O'Connor and then Wayne Carter's 25-yard strike cannoned back off a post as the Woods turned the screw. There was just three minutes to go before the break when Gavin Hart broke through the middle as the referee played an excellent advantage. Hart slipped the ball to Peter Dean on his left and the Woods striker lifted a chip shot over O'Connor and into the top corner.

Another good run from Dean set up Dean Powles early in the second-half but the midfielder saw his effort deflected wide.

Hendon were enjoying plenty of possession in the centre of the pitch but were unable to do create much in front of goal. When Nas Richardson did finally record a shot on goal after 73 minutes, Rob Bullivant was equal to it, tipping the ball over the bar.

It was in the final ten minutes that the Woods wrapped up the win. Firstly, substitute Ross Hanley was played in by Clark, and he weaved his way past two challenges before sliding the ball in off a defender.

Then James Hamsher got forward on the left and cut the ball back for Peter Dean to fire in his second of the game.

PHOTO GALLERY (Click thumbnail to enlarge)


Photos: James Brown