Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Harrow Borough 2  Northwood 0

16th September 2006


Rob Bullivant
Danny Julienne 2
Danny Murphy 3
Max Howell 4
James Shipperley 5
Wayne Carter (Capt.) 6
Dean Powles 7
Elliott Buchanan 8
Lee Tunnell 9
Peter Dean 10
Mark Nicholls 11
Ricky Alexander 12
Aaron Coldman (7) 14
Gavin Hart (6) 15
Leon Callender (8) 16
David Jones 17
F.A. Cup sponsored by E.on: First Qualifying Round
South Harrow
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Adomah 79, Onochie 84
Julienne, Howell, Murphy
Sent Off

Harrow Borough

1 Kieran Jimmy
2 Daniel Nielsen
3 David Ademudia
4 Wayne Walters
5 Rickey Browne
6 Kwasi Frempomg
7 James Bent
8 Kai Williams
9 Elliott Onochie
10 Abby Nsubuga
11 Albert Adomah
12 Bradley Brown (10)
14 Leon Morris
15 Aaron Ferdinand
16 Jamie Diston
17 Gary Ross



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood fell at the F.A. Cup's first hurdle as they succumbed to two late goals in the local clash at Earlsmead.

And it was a familiar story for Woods as they finished the game with ten men. But it was injury rather than red cards that counted against them, Dean Powles requiring a precautionary trip to hospital after colliding with a post, whilst ‘keeper Rob Bullivant left the field late on with a leg injury.

Injuries and suspensions meant manager Colin Payne had to reshuffle his troops. James Shipperley and Powles formed an unfamiliar central defensive partnership in the absence of Mark Dennison and Perry Norman, whilst youngster Elliott Buchanan made his first start on the left flank. There was also a change in attack, midweek signing Mark Nicholls, returning to the club from Hayes, partnering Lee Tunnell in attack in place of the suspended Dean Clark.

Northwood had some defending to do in the early stages as Elliot Onochie had a couple of half chances. Onochie was denied at the near post following Abby Nsubuga’s low cross, before he almost capitalised on hesitation in the visiting defence.

Woods gradually found their feet and began to play some confident football. Dean went close with a flicked header following Buchanan’s corner whilst Tunnell was denied by ‘keeper Kieran Jimmy after he combined well with Nicholls.

Borough tried their luck from distance, Nsubuga and Albert Adomah seeing their efforts fly wide of the target, but it was Woods who were asking the more serious questions. Nicholls had a shot turned round the post by Jimmy after Dean’s knockdown before the latter was denied by the Borough ‘keeper.

Northwood’s rhythm was interrupted after Powles had to leave the field on the half hour. The makeshift centre back suffered a nasty head injury as he tried to get on the end of a cross, but his replacement Aaron Coldman made an assured debut.

However, Woods regained their composure with a confident finish to the half, Nicholls heading over from Max Howell’s cross before the former saw his volley deflected after being teed up by Dean.

Northwood were forced onto the back foot early in the second period. Former Wood James Bent was off target with a header whilst Onochie caused panic with a mazy run into the box.

Borough continued to hold the upper hand as Bullivant was called upon to save from Nsubuga while Onochie saw his free-kick from the edge of the box deflect off the upright.

However, in a rare Northwood attack Buchanan had a good chance to break the deadlock, but his shot cleared the bar following a sweeping move involving Tunnell and Nicholls.

Woods gradually lost their way and there was a distinctly laboured look about their performance.

Gavin Hart replaced the tiring Wayne Carter with fifteen minutes left on the clock, but it was the hosts who made the crucial breakthrough. Northwood were slow to close down Adomah who let fly from distance, his shot curling beyond Bullivant to give Borough the lead on 79 minutes.

However, Northwood almost posted an immediate reply but Danny Julienne’s shot rebounded off the post.

And the hosts made the tie safe six minutes from time when Onochie applied a smart finish following Woods’ failure to clear a throw-on into the box.

Leon Callender was introduced for Buchanan but there was to be no reprieve for Northwood, whose unhappy afternoon was made complete with the injury to Bullivant as he tried to clear a loose ball, Coldman donning the gloves for the closing minutes.    


PHOTO GALLERY (Click thumbnail to enlarge)


Elliott Buchanan fires in a cross

Photos: James Brown