Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 3  Enfield 2

15th February 2007


Bill Fishenden
Dave Sexton 2
Luke Lynam 3
Terry Hogan 4
James Shipperley 5
Wayne Carter 6
Nick Pearce 7
Dwane Williams 8
Harry Hunt 9
Elliott Buchanan 10
Jack Bennett 11
Mikhael Jaimez-Ruiz 12
Cameron Hall (11) 14
Liam O'Keefe (8) 15
Karl Lewis (6) 16
Middlesex Charity Cup Second Round
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
7.30 p.m.
Hunt 15, Buchanan 22, Sexton 29
Standen 19, 72
Sent Off


1 Paul Daley
2 David Bound
3 Louis Lancaster
4 Paul Oshin
5 Dean Gilbert
6 Oliver Stroud
7 Owen Beale
8 Elvis Balic
9 Martin Standen
10 Neal Hughes
11 Martin Young
12 Marlon Stuart (3)
14 Sam Judge (11)
15 Nick Turner (8)
16 Jon Stevenson
17 Dwayne Uylett



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood kept their hopes of silverware alive as they progressed to the quarter-final stage with a deserved success over their Ryman League opponents.

As in the Senior Cup a month ago, Enfield came out second best to a youthful Woods team. Manager Colin Payne used the game to blood a crop of youngsters, the line-up dominated by members of the Allied Counties team, and the rookies showed that the future of Northwood is in safe hands by producing an excellent performance.

Woods were quickly out of the blocks as they created a number of chances in the opening minutes. Elliott Buchanan had an immediate chance but was crowded out by the Enfield defence whilst James Shipperley shot at ‘keeper Paul Daley. And Daley was tested once again as Buchanan hit a first time shot following a delightful ball from Dave Sexton.

But the Enfield stopper was unable to prevent Northwood from taking the lead on the 15 minute mark as Harry Hunt fired an unstoppable long-range effort into the top corner.

However, Woods’ joy was short lived as Enfield posted a reply on 19 minutes, Martin Standen heading home after the Northwood defence failed to clear their lines.

Woods were unperturbed by the setback, and they continued to produce a confident brand of football, ‘veteran’ Wayne Carter pulling the strings in midfield.

And it was the Northwood skipper who provided the defence-splitting ball for Buchanan, who applied a clinical finish to restore Woods’ lead in the 22nd minute.

Buoyed by the goal, Northwood threatened to put the game beyond Enfield’s reach as the launched a succession of attacks, Buchanan causing problems in the visitors’ defence, an attempted chip from 25 yards sailing narrowly wide.

And Woods were rewarded for with a third goal on 29 minutes, Dwane Williams picking out Sexton’s run into the box, and  the youngster stroked the ball past Daley for his first senior goal.

And there was no let up to the pace of the game, Northwood ‘keeper Bill Fishenden having to be quickly off his line to deny Martin Young, whilst Sexton and Hunt went close to extending the lead further.

Clearly having been read the riot act, Enfield looked a different proposition in the second-half, quickly forcing Northwood onto the back foot. Paul Oshin should have done better but he scooped the ball over from close range, whilst Fishenden was on hand to foil Neal Hughes before the latter squandered another opportunity as he shot wide of the post.

Both sides made substitutions, Karl Lewis being given his Northwood debut in place of Carter.

But the Enfield pressure finally told on Woods who conceded their second of the evening on 72 minutes, Standen converting from close range to complete his brace.

Cameron Hall – brother of Jerome – was introduced for Jack Bennett, whilst Liam O’Keefe joined team-mate Nick Pearce as the only players to represent Northwood at all levels when he replaced Williams.

Having resisted further pressure from the visitors, Buchanan almost made the game safe as he broke clear of the Enfield defence, his shot rolling the wrong side of the upright.

But Northwood had done enough although they suffered a scare with the last kick of the game, the referee waving away vociferous penalty appeals for handball against Sexton, the final whistle signalling a deserved win and a home tie against either Wembley or Kingsbury Town.