Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 2  Enfield 1

15th January 2007


Bill Fishenden
Dave Nolan 2
Danny Murphy 3
Mark Dennison 4
Bradley Hewitt 5
Wayne Carter 6
Dwane Williams 7
Elliott Buchanan 8
Lee Tunnell 9
Peter Dean 10
Jerome Hall 11
James Shipperley 14
Terry Hogan (10) 15
Dean Powles (7) 16
Jack Bennett 17
Jack Lisi 18
Middlesex Senior Cup Second Round
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
7.30 p.m.
Dean 48, Hall 76
Rouco 12
Sent Off


1 Dan Anfossy
2 Mark Whittingham
3 Louis Lancaster
4 Elvis Balic
5 Dean Gilbert,
6 Jan Stephenson
7 Sam Judge
8 Danny Rouco
9 Neal Hughes
10 Marlon Stuart,
11 Sherwin Stanley
12 Darren Spinks (3)
14 Wes Borghys
15 Owen Beale  (2)
16 Jeff Hammond (11)
17 Paul Daley



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood brought some much needed cheer to Chestnut Avenue by overcoming  their North London rivals as this twice-postponed tie was finally played.

Woods put in a spirited display to come from behind against an Enfield outfit who are enjoying a decent season in Ryman North.

Northwood started well and were unfortunate not to take the lead after 6 minutes, the offside flag denying Mark Dennison a goal after latching onto Bradley Hewitt’s flick on from Danny Murphy’s cross.

After Enfield’s Neal Hughes went close following a strong run into the box, Woods threatened with a couple of efforts from Elliott Buchanan and Jerome Hall.

However, it was the visitors who opened the scoring on 12 minutes. The Woods defence could only clear a corner as far as the waiting Danny Rouco, who delivered an unerring 20-yard shot beyond rookie ‘keeper Bill Fishenden.

Northwood responded well and launched a succession of attacks. Buchanan went close on a couple of occasions, whilst Dean tested ‘keeper Dan Anfossy with a low strike.

Woods continued to push for the equaliser, both Wayne Carter and Buchanan seeing their free-kicks fly narrowly wide, whilst Hall tried his luck with a couple of long range efforts but the visitors stood firm as the half-time whistle blew.

Northwood were indebted to Fishenden as he produced the first of two crucial saves immediately after the restart, deflecting Rouco’s shot as the striker broke clear.

However, parity was deservedly restored after 48 minutes, Dean’s shot into the far corner being too good for Anfossy after good work from Dwane Williams and Buchanan.

The goal gave Northwood renewed belief, and they were immediately on the attack, Dean finding Williams in the six yard box with a pull back from the by-line, but the ball was played slightly behind the off-balance midfielder who couldn’t get a clean contact.

Fishenden was called upon to deny the lively Marlon Stuart, but that was the closest Enfield came to scoring as Northwood proceeded to dominate the latter stages.

Hall was finally rewarded for his hard running when he grabbed the all important goal in the 76th minute. Carter’s short corner was played across by Buchanan, Tunnell’s shot falling to Hall, who returned the ball with interest into the Enfield net.

Dean Powles was introduced for Williams with ten minutes left on the clock, a welcome return for the midfielder following a three month injury lay-off, whilst Enfield had to finish the game a man short after using up all their substitutes and losing Elvis Balic to injury.

Both Tunnell and Buchanan tested Anfossy in the final minutes, but there was to be no further additions to the scoring, Woods deservedly taking their place in the Quarter Finals of the competition.