Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 1 Corby Town 3

7th October 2006


Rob Bullivant
Danny Julienne 2
Max Howell 3
Dean Powles 4
Perry Norman 5
Wayne Carter (Capt.) 6
Mark Nicholls 7
Elliott Buchanan 8
Lee Tunnell 9
Dave Warner 10
Danny Murphy 11
Peter Dean (9) 12
Aaron Coldman 14
Dean Clark (2) 15
Kyle Matthews (8) 16
Gavin Hart 17
British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Carter 34
Clarke 30, Byrne 47, White 74
C Goodman
Sent Off

Corby Town

1 Darren Watts
2 Robbie Maddox
3 Dominic Hallows
4 Steve Towers
5 Mark Burrows
6 Bobby White
7 Brett Darby
8 Scott Goodman
9 Kevin Byrne
10 Jamie Clarke
11 Aaron Butcher
12 Kevin Ward
14 Darren Massingham (7)
15 Chris Goodman (8)
16 Tom Guiney (11)
17 Glen Turner



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood’s woeful run goes on after they lost the first ‘six pointer’ of the season at home to bottom club Corby Town.

Manager Colin Payne rang the changes following the midweek defeat at Maidenhead. Elliott Buchanan replaced Gavin Hart on the left flank, whilst there was a return to the attack for Lee Tunnell at the expense of Peter Dean. Meanwhile, Danny Julienne took Dean Clark’s place on the right side of midfield, with Max Howell moving into the right-back birth. There were further changes in defence,  the returning Perry Norman replacing the suspended James Shipperley in the centre whilst Danny Murphy replaced Ricky Alexander at left-back. 

 And Northwood started well, playing at a good tempo and creating a number of openings. Buchanan sent in a low cross which almost found the waiting David Warner and Tunnell, Corby ‘keeper Darren Watts smothering the danger at the second attempt. Julienne was the next to go close, sending his far post header wide of the mark.

Woods continued to ask questions of the Corby defence, Buchanan combining well with Murphy before Watts made a double save from Warner and Tunnell.

The visitors weathered the storm and gradually began to find some rhythm. Steve Towers had ‘keeper Rob Bullivant scrambling across his goal with a long range effort whilst Jamie Clarke squandered a great chance to open the scoring after a slip from Dean Powles.

But Northwood continued to squander chances of their own, Norman rushing his shot after being played in by Mark Nicholls.

Rob Bullivant was on hand to deny Kevin Byrne but he was unable to prevent Corby taking the lead on the half-hour, Clarke rising unchallenged at the far post to head home.

However, Woods weren’t behind for long, Warner finding space in the box before sending in a low ball which was converted by skipper Wayne Carter to draw the hosts level in the 34th minute. However, Corby’s Brett Darby left the field on a stretcher after trying to prevent the goal.

But Corby finished the half well creating a number of chances. Clarke saw his low shot rebound off an upright while Dominic Hallows and Steve Towers went close.

However, the visitors regained the lead two minutes after the restart. Bullivant saved Clarke’s initial header but Byrne was on hand to convert the rebound.

Corby continued to look the more likely to add to the score-line with Woods struggling to make an impact, the hard-working Clarke dragging his shot across the face of goal.

Kyle Matthews and Peter Dean were introduced for Buchanan and Warner as Northwood looked for a way back into the game, Matthews looking particularly lively after his long injury lay-off.

But it was Corby who continued to threaten with Bullivant saving well from Hallows.

And they got their reward with fifteen minutes left on the clock, Bobby White heading home via the underside of the bar after the Woods defence failed to deal with a long throw into the box.

Julienne made way for Clark in the 80th minute but it wasn’t to be for Northwood whose disappointing afternoon was made complete by Nicholls’ penalty miss after Towers handled in the box.


PHOTO GALLERY (Click thumbnail to enlarge)


Lee Tunnell is crowded out on the wing

Photos: James Brown & Paul Evans