Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Corby Town 0  Northwood 0

6th December 2006


Rob Bullivant
Dave Nolan 2
Danny Murphy 3
Lee Holland 4
James Shipperley 5
Bradley Hewitt 6
David Warner 7
Mark Nicholls 8
Danny Julienne 9
Peter Dean 10
Jerome Hall 11
Liam O'Keefe 14
Terry Hogan 15
Perry Norman 16
Dwane Williams 17
British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division
Rockingham Triangle,
Kick Off
7.45 p.m.
Sent Off

Corby Town

1 Darren Watts
2 Glenn Turner
3 Dominic Hallows
4 Steve Towers
5 Mark Burrows
6 Bobby White
7 Brett Darby
8 Scott Goodwin
9 Kevin Byrne
10 Jamie Clarke
11 Stephen Morley
12 Avun Jephcott (7)
14 Chris Goodman
15 Tom Guiney (6)
16 Kevin Ward (10)
17 Des Elliott



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Honours remained even in this relegation ‘six pointer’ as a makeshift Northwood played out an entertaining draw with the Steelmen, writes Robin Piper

Injuries and unavailability continued to plague Woods, Danny Julienne and Lee Holland coming in for Lee Tunnell and Mark Dennison,as manager Colin Payne had to reshuffle the pack once again.

Both sides were quickly into their stride, Peter Dean testing home ‘keeper Darren Watts,before Kevin Byrne went close for Corby with a header from Brett Darby’s cross.

Play continued to flow freely with both sides looking to get the ball on the deck, the lively Jerome Hall going close with a speculative 35-yard effort that flew narrowly wide of the Steelmen’s goal.

However, Northwood gradually attained the ascendancy, creating a succession of chances. Mark Nicholls went close with a shot on the turn whilst Hall tested Watts with a low shot. The Corby ‘keeper was enjoying a fine game and he continued to foil Woods, Dean being denied twice.

But there were a couple of scares for Northwood on the stroke of half-time, Rob Bullivant showing great reflexes to divert Jamie Clarke’s point-blank header, and then the Woods’ ‘keeper was on hand to deal with Darby’s shot from the edge of the box.

Corby were quickly out of the blocks after the break, Byrne dragging his shot wide of the goal, whilst Stephen Morley saw his shot saved by Bullivant.

Having weathered the initial burst of pressure, Northwood were back on the offensive. Hall almost capped a mazy run with a spectacular finish as he let rip from 30-yards, Watts palming the shot away to safety.

Hall was in action again as his downward header from Danny Murphy’s corner was blocked on the line, Dean scooping over the rebound.

Woods continued to threaten but so did their profligacy in front of goal, Holland and Julienne the next to be denied by Watts.

Having created so many chances, Northwood had to be wary of a Corby sucker-punch. And the Steelmen went close to snatching the elusive goal, Morley having an effort blocked on the line before Bullivant thwarted a Steve Towers effort.

The hosts utilised their full quota of substitutes in a bid for the points but it wasn’t to be as the ‘keepers continued to hold the upper hand. Corby substitute Kevin Ward had a shot on the turn saved by Bullivant before Watts was on hand in stoppage time to intercept David Warner’s low cross after good work from Julienne.

And so the curtain came down on a game that was worthy of more than a blank score-sheet, a useful point in the circumstances for Northwood.