Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 2  Cheshunt 4 

24th March 2007


Mikhael Jaimez-Ruiz
Ryan Tackley 2
Danny Murphy 3
Terry Hogan 4
Bradley Hewitt 5
Wayne Carter 6
Dwane Williams 7
Elliott Buchanan 8
Harry Hunt 9
Peter Dean 10
Jerome Hall 11
Bill Fishenden (16) 12
- 14
Joe Sparrowhawk 15
Nick Pearce (3) 16
Karl Lewis 17
British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Dean 86, Williams 89
Opara 22, Cox 36,44,
Deane 41
Sent Off


1 Martin Peat
2 Simon Peddie
3 Michael Deane
4 David Wattley
5 Anthony Fenton
6 Lee Allen
7 David Hicks
8 Steve Obeng
9 Lloyd Opara
10 Darrell Cox
11 Dwayne Clark
12 George Gregoriou
14 Kerem Bashkal
15 Glen Parry (9)
16 David Barratt (10)
17 Michael Kalli



Match Report
by Alan Evans

In a game  that was billed as a classic six-pointer relegation clash, the Woods were unable to extend their recent good run as Cheshunt eased their own worries at the expense of Northwood.

The Woods began brightly with Harry Hunt having a close-range shot blocked by goalkeeper Martin Peat in the very first minute.

Jerome Hall was also denied by Peat two minutes later but Northwood's already makeshift defence was then rocked further by the loss of the reliable Danny Murphy to a knee injury after thirteen minutes.

Cheshunt began to make some inroads and then the Ambers took the lead with their very first shot at goal after 22 minutes. Darrell Cox got a flick on to a left-wing cross and ex-Peterborough striker Lloyd Opara ghosted in to finish well from close-range.

The Woods showed good spirit to hit back with first Hunt and then Elliott Buchanan both forcing peat into action but then Cheshunt took the game away from them with three goals in nine minutes.

The ever-dangerous Cox headed home from a corner to make it 2-0, before Michael Deane curled a left-foot free-kick over the wall and just inside the post soon after.

What was already a difficult task was then made an impossible one for Northwood when goalkeeper Mikhael Jaimez-Ruiz reacted to being grabbed round the neck by Cox, following through on him, with a quick retaliatory kick to the shins. The referee only saw the latter, so the resulting red card for the distraught 'keeper was followed by the award of a penalty.

Though youth goalkeeper Bill Fishenden had been named on the team-sheet, he was actually carrying an arm injury so wasn't expected to be in action. Nick Pearce, who had replaced the injured Murphy, donned the gloves for the spot-kick but Cox scored easily.

Four goals down and with only ten men at half-time, Fishenden was drafted in despite his injury, and he performed well in the second-half, pulling off several fine saves.

However, it was a bit of a non-event until the final five minutes. Then, the plucky Woods showed more of that recent spirit with two late goals. Firstly, on 86 minutes, Jerome Hall danced through the defence and past the 'keeper before setting up Peter Dean for his tenth goal of the season. Then, three minutes later, Dwane Williams scored with a majestic strike from over 20 yards, the best goal of the game.

With away games at Merthyr Tydfil and Yate Town following this defeat, the Woods will need to show the same sort of spirit if they are to retain any chance of avoiding the drop.

PHOTO GALLERY (Click thumbnail to enlarge)


Danny Murphy sends over a cross