Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Cheshunt 1  Northwood 2

22nd August 2006


Rob Bullivant
Dave Nolan 2
Ricky Alexander 3
Mark Dennison 4
Perry Norman 5
Wayne Carter 6
Dean Powles 7
Dean Clark 8
Lee Tunnell 9
Peter Dean 10
Gavin Hart 11
Max Howell 12
James Shipperley (11) 14
Elliott Buchanan 15
Kyle Matthews (9) 16
Shane O'Neill (8) 17
British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division
Theobalds Lane
Cheshunt, Herts
Kick Off
7.45 p.m.
Clark 22, Carter 57
Sent Off


1 Martin Peat
2 Dave Wattley
3 Glen Parry
4 Nicky Gyoury
5 Anthony Fenton
6 Lee Allen
7 Bobby Highton
8 Steve Obeng
9 Dean Fenton
10 Dewayne Clark
11 Michael Deane
12 Kerem Bashkal (3)
14 Danny Jones (8)
15 Aaron Cato
16 Aaron Samuel
17 Michael Kalli



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood moved to the top of the table after a well deserved win at Cheshunt, leaving them as one of  only two sides with a 100% record.

Rob Bullivant regained the ‘keepers jersey from Scott Ward, while the rest of the starting line-up was unchanged from Saturday’s opening day success.

Woods started brightly with some quick, incisive football, Dean Clark creating a couple of openings, before he saw his shot fly wide of the upright after some neat play between Lee Tunnell and Gavin Hart.

At the other end, Anthony Fenton’s free-kick deflected narrowly wide whilst Dewayne Clark was off target with a long range effort.

Northwood continued to carry the greater threat with their neat, inventive football, Clark and Dean both being denied by Cheshunt ‘keeper Martin Peat.

However, Peat was helpless to prevent Woods from taking a deserved lead on 22 minutes, Clark skilfully using the outside of his boot to curl a delightful shot into the bottom corner of the net following Dean’s neat lay-off.

Northwood continued to threaten, Hart going close with a fierce drive before Tunnell was inches wide with a cheeky chip from 25 yards after Peat was left stranded out of his goal.

The hosts were being restricted to long-range efforts as Woods maintained their control of the game. However, there was a scare on the stroke of half-time following an error from the otherwise impeccable Mark Dennison, Dewayne Clark heading past Bullivant but wide of the goal.

Cheshunt came out strongly after the break in search of an equaliser. And the dangerous Clark had an early opportunity to restore parity when clean through, but Bullivant was quickly off his line to smother his shot.

Northwood remained on the back foot as Dean Fenton shot wide of the target before the same player sent a free header wide of the upright.

But Woods’ back line was dealing well with the danger and after soaking up a period of pressure they delivered the sucker punch. Clark was the provider with a pin point free-kick into the box, skipper Wayne Carter beating the advancing Peat with a rare headed goal to extend Northwood’s lead in the 57th minute.

There were further speculative efforts at both ends before Cheshunt made a double substitution on 72 minutes in attempt to get back into the match.

And the changes seemed to have the desired effect, Bullivant having to deal with shots from Fenton and substitute Kerem Bashkal.

But Bullivant was finally beaten with four minutes left on the clock, substitute Danny Jones’ shot deflecting beyond the Northwood keeper.

Kyle Matthews and Shane O’Neill were introduced for Tunnell and Clark for the final minutes and Woods had some more defending to do, Ricky Alexander, who looked solid in the left-back birth, deflecting a Bashkal shot away to safety.

There was still time for James Shipperley to enter the fray in place of Gavin Hart, but Woods had done enough, capping an excellent first week of the season and setting them up nicely for a trip to League favourites Bath City on Saturday.