Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Northwood 0  Chesham United 1

30th October 2006


Rob Bullivant
Danny Julienne 2
Bradley Hewitt 3
Yiadom Yeboah 4
James Shipperley 5
Wayne Carter (Capt.) 6
Mark Nicholls 7
Dean Clark 8
David Warner 9
Elliott Buchanan 10
Kyle Matthews 11
Perry Norman 12
Peter Dean (8) 14
Aaron Coldman 15
Jack Lisi (11) 16
Jerome Hall (2) 17
Errea Southern League Cup Round 2
Chestnut Avenue,
Kick Off
7.30 p.m.
Chesham United
Burnell 6
Dean, Nicholls, Julienne
Chesham United
Sent Off
Chesham United

Chesham United

1 Matt Niedzwiecki
2 Cedric Abraham
3 Rob Courtnedge
4 Dwayne Golding
5 Marcus Gross
6 Darren Sarll
7 Lee Grant
8 Enoch Boateng
9 Danny Burnell
10 Paul Armstrong
11 Leon Fisher
12 Stuart Maynard (7)
14 Dean Brennan (4)
15 James Gray
16 Ashley Higgins (11)



Match Report

An early goal for the Buckinghamshire visitors proved to be enough to enable them to progress to the third round of the Errea Southern League Cup, as wayward finishing allied to a superb goalkeeping display from Matt Niedzwiecki – son of former Chelsea and Wales keeper Eddie – combined to prevent Northwood deservedly getting back on level terms.

Woods boss Colin Payne made seven changes to the side that drew at Halesowen two days earlier, handing a full debut to young defender Bradley Hewitt, and there were two new names on the bench in Jack Lisi and Jerome Hall.

There was a sign of things to come in the opening minutes when Dave Warner was released by Wayne Carter’s through ball, but was thwarted by Niedzwiecki as he threatened an early break-through.

But the home side were rocked when Chesham took the lead on six minutes. Leon Fisher drove in a low ball from the right across the face of Rob Bullivant’s goal, and Danny Burnell – a late selection after James Gray was injured in the warm-up – lashed home from the edge of the six-yard box.

Woods hit back quickly, and the lively Warner flashed a shot just wide of Niedzwiecki’s left post, then Kyle Matthews also went close.

Chesham threatened to increase their lead when Fisher went past Danny Julienne, and his effort was kept out by Bullivant’s outstretched foot, then following the corner Courtnedge’s cross from the right flank was met by a Marcus Gross header that went just wide.

Matthews and Warner both looked lively in the Woods’ attack, but neither could quite manage that crucial final touch when needed. Mark Nicholls set up Matthews on the left flank, and the ex-Watford man’s well-hit effort brought another good save from Niedzwiecki.

Bullivant was called into action when he pushed over a curling right flank free-kick from Courtnedge, but as the half came to a close, Niedzwiecki again did well to keep out Matthews’ effort on the turn.

The Woods opened brightly at the start of the second period, and Hewitt had a good effort well turned over by the Chesham keeper, who was then called into action when Elliott Buchanan’s curling right-wing corner looked destined for the top corner of the net.

There was plenty of attacking pressure from Northwood in the last half-hour as they sought the equaliser they merited, but Chesham defended well as they strove to keep out the home side. James Shipperley came forward to test Niedzwiecki with a powerful 18-yard effort, then Peter Dean – on for the injured Dean Clark – had a try from just outside the box but again Niedzwiecki was equal to the task.

In the closing stages, Nicholls was thwarted by the keeper, who then pushed over another goal-bound Buchanan corner. But right at the end, the visitors might have snatched a second goal when Bullivant allowed the ball to squirm from his grasp, and Brennan then Armstrong both had efforts charged down by the Woods’ defence.

So, having exited one cup competition, the Woods now turn their sights on a more-important one, and Saturday’s F.A. Trophy visit of Winchester City.