Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Bath City 0  Northwood 0

26th August 2006


Rob Bullivant
Dave Nolan 2
Ricky Alexander 3
Mark Dennison 4
Perry Norman 5
Wayne Carter 6
Dean Powles 7
Dean Clark 8
Lee Tunnell 9
Peter Dean 10
Gavin Hart 11
James Hamsher (8) 12
James Shipperley (9) 14
Max Howell 15
Kyle Matthews (10) 16
Danny Murphy 17
British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division
Twerton Park,
Kick Off
3.00 p.m.
Bath City
Bath City
Sent Off
Bath City

Bath City

1 Paul Evans
2 Jim Rollo
3 Mike Green
4 Matt Coupe
5 Gethin Jones
6 Chris Holland
7 Dean Clarke
8 Lewis Hogg
9 Nat Pepperell
10 Scott Partridge
11 Mark McKeever
12 Craig Davidge (2)
14 Steve Jones
15 Jon Holloway
16 Phil Walsh (9)
17 Scott Rogers



Match Report
by Robin Piper

Northwood maintained their unbeaten start to the season by securing a well deserved point at highly fancied Bath City.

Manager Colin Payne was able to field an unchanged line-up as Woods looked to build on the successful start to the campaign.

Northwood created the first chance of the afternoon as early as the 2nd minute, Dean Clark’s shot on the turn being blocked by the home defence.

However, Bath gradually found their feet and began asking questions of the Woods’ defence. Matt Coupe saw his close range header blocked before Lewis Hogg sent a long range effort wide of the upright.

Bath were enjoying the majority of possession and keeper Rob Bullivant had to be alert to tip Hogg’s 25 yard strike over the bar after it took a wicked deflection off Mark Dennison.

But Northwood had their moments on the counter-attack, Lee Tunnell almost capitalising on hesitation in the Bath defence, keeper Paul Evans recovering to thwart the danger following Clark’s through-ball.

The hosts continued to press but the Woods’ rearguard stood firm, the central defensive partnership of Dennison and Perry Norman looking increasingly assured, while Ricky Alexander was enjoying another fine game at left-back.

Bath were struggling to create any clear-cut chances, an innocuous Hogg header and a deflected Nat Pepperell shot the only concerns to Bullivant.

In fact, Woods went close to opening the scoring on the stroke of half-time, Gavin Hart almost finding a way through following good work from Peter Dean.

The second period began slowly with neither side making much impression.

However, Clark tried his luck from distance, his shot falling safely into the arms of  Evans.

Bath gradually began to look more threatening, Bullivant saving well from Scott Partridge following a low cross into the box before Hogg was off target with a shot from outside the area.

In a rare foray into the hosts’ danger area, Woods were awarded a free-kick on the edge of the box, but Clark squandered the opportunity with a wayward effort.

Colin Payne made a change with 20 minutes remaining, when Dean made way for Kyle Matthews.

But it was Bath who were continuing to press, as Bullivant saved from substitute Craig Davidge and Partridge.

Woods weathered the storm and they even had opportunities to grab the points as the game moved into the latter stages. Firstly, Dennison failed to connect properly with a diving header following Clark’s free-kick into the danger area before Tunnell found himself with only Evans to beat, a poor touch allowing the Bath keeper to avert the danger.

Then it was the hosts’ turn to show their profligate nature as substitute Phil Walsh missed a great chance, sending his free header wide of the goal.

James Hamsher replaced Clark for the closing minutes and there were further chances at both ends, Hart sending a shot over the bar whilst Partridge was almost in for Bath.

James Shipperley was sent on for Tunnell in stoppage time as Woods secured the point which leaves them sharing top spot with Mangotsfield United and eagerly looking forward to Tuesday night and a mouth-watering local derby against tenants Wealdstone.

PHOTO GALLERY (Click thumbnail to enlarge)



Photos: James Brown