Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Byrne Stand sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Southern League Premier Division

Northwood Line-up


Dean Lindsay



Dave Nolan +



Anthony Limbrick


Danny Butler



Luke Evans



Jamie Palmer


Shayne Demetrious #


Chris Gell



Darren Grieves *


Peter Dean


Dean Clark




Ryan Kirkland *



Richard McDonagh #



Fergus Moore



Harry Howell +


Lee Carroll




Clark 1-0

 Tiverton Town 4  Northwood 1

Report by Robin Piper

Northwood remain rooted to the bottom of the table after they returned from their long trek to Devon empty-handed.

With Frazer Toms, Gavin Hart, and Richard Gell unavailable, there was a first start for Anthony Limbrick on the left flank, while there were returns to the starting line-up for Dave Nolan and Danny Butler.

And Woods got off to the perfect start as they took the lead as early as the third minute, Dean Clark creating space in the box to shoot past Tiverton keeper Mark Ovendale, to score his first goal since returning to Northwood colours.

The early strike galvanised the hosts who responded with a succession of attacks, Northwood keeper Dean Lindsay denying Shaun Goff and James Mudge.

However, the Woods keeper was finally beaten after 24 minutes as Mudge ran onto Goff’s flick-on before delivering an emphatic finish into the bottom corner to draw Tiverton level.

Northwood were struggling to retain any semblance of possession as the hosts continued to make all the running, Richard Pears shooting wide before crashing a shot against the woodwork, while Lindsay was on hand again to save from Mudge. At the other end, in a rare moment of Northwood pressure, Darren Grieves squeezed a shot wide of the upright after Limbrick’s free-kick into the box.

And it was no surprise when Tiverton deservedly took the lead in the 39th minute with a fine individual goal, Pears skilfully creating an opening before lifting the ball over the helpless Lindsay.

Woods needed to change things at the break. Harry Howell was brought on to stiffen the midfield, Dave Nolan making way, with Jamie Palmer switching to right back in a flat back four. And Northwood began brightly, Howell being denied a goal by the offside flag while Peter Dean was denied by Tivvy keeper Ovendale.

Woods were finally beginning to put some moves together, Grieves the next to go close as he headed over from Palmer’s cross.

However, the optimism was to prove short-lived as Tiverton put the game beyond Northwood in the 57th minute. Skipper Luke Evans dallied on the ball, allowing Mudge to set up Pears who made no mistake as he shot beyond Lindsay.

Richard McDonagh was brought on for the ineffective Shayne Demetrious as Woods looked for a way back with half an hour left on the clock. Dean and Grieves both went close once again, as Woods profligacy in front of goal continued.

Grieves finally made way for Ryan Kirkland but there was to be no way back for Northwood. Despite Dean once again finding the body of keeper Ovendale, and Chris Gell seeing a rasping shot deflected wide, Northwood were unable to fashion a comeback.

And Pears completed a fine hat-trick two minutes from time, applying the finishing touch to Stewart Yetton’s mazy run to complete a thoroughly miserable afternoon for Northwood.