Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Southern League Premier Division 

Northwood Line-up


Lee Carroll



Max Howell *



Fergus Moore



Danny Butler



Luke Evans



Wayne Carter +



Gavin Hart



Richard Gell



Richard McDonagh



Peter Dean



Ryan Kirkland




Darren Grieves +



Rob Bixby



Anthony Limbrick



Dave Nolan *



Dean Lindsay




Dean 1-1

Northwood 1  Team Bath 1

 Report by Robin Piper

Northwood moved off the foot of the table as they secured a hard earned draw against the students from Bath University.

With the influential Chris Gell beginning a three match suspension, there was a return to the starting line up for Ryan Kirkland on the left flank, the only change from the midweek win over Aylesbury.

The first half was largely a non-event for Woods as they failed to create any clear cut chances until stoppage time. However, Northwood’s cause wasn’t helped by the early loss of Max Howell to a groin strain & the needless sending off of defender Danny Butler. Butler reacted angrily to an elbowed assault on skipper Luke Evans for which Bath’s Betrand Cozic received his marching orders, Butler joining him to leave both sides a man short with only 15 mins on the clock.

Bath, who had earlier created a couple of openings, took full advantage of the uncertainty in Woods rearguard to take a 38 min lead, Dean Smith rifling into the roof of the net after Fergus Moore had failed to clear his lines.

Northwood finally threatened the visitors' goal in the closing moments of a disappointing half. Evans should have done better with a header from Peter Dean’s knock back, while the hard working striker saw his shot well saved by keeper Darren Chitty. And there was still time for Moore’s goalbound shot to be hacked off the line following a Wayne Carter corner. Woods made a change at half time, Darren Grieves joining Dean in attack with Carter making way.

However, it was Bath who grabbed the initiative, and laid siege to the home goal, Lee Carroll bringing off a string of fine saves to keep Northwood in the contest. Twice he was hand to deny Sean Canham, while a Steve Cook effort was blocked with Evans heading Danny Maye’s follow up off the line.

But having weathered the storm, Woods began to find their rhythm, and they were denied a blatant penalty after Kirkland’s strong run was rudely curtailed in the box, the referee deciding to award a free kick on the edge of the box. Woods had reason to feel aggrieved once more as the unsighted official missed a clear handball from Bath’s Canham.

Northwood continued to press, Gavin Hart being denied by keeper Chitty, while the former’s teasing cross just evaded the on rushing Grieves. However, Woods were finally rewarded for their perseverance, Dave Nolan sending over an inviting cross for Dean to direct a looping header over the despairing Chitty to level matters with 11 mins left on the clock. Both sides went looking for the deciding goal, Canham blazing over the bar from a good position while at the other Woods almost grabbed the winner in the final minute, Chitty producing a smart reflex save to deflect Kirkland’s firm strike, Smith hacking the loose ball clear from the foot of the upright.

And so the scoreline remained, with honours even, leaving caretaker manager Gary Farrell to reflect on a satisfactory five days with four points in the bag which has steadied the shaky start to the season.