Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Southern League Premier Division

Northwood Line-up


Liam Watson



Dave Nolan



Fergus Moore



Jason O'Connor



James Shipperley *



Harry Howell +



Luke Garrard



Wayne Carter



Dean Clark #



Alistair Heselton



Gavin Hart




Darren Grieves #



Billy Matthews *



Max Howell



Gary Meakin



Frazer Toms +


 Salisbury City 3  Northwood 0

Report by Robin Piper

Northwood’s 2005 ended in disappointment as they slipped to a three-goal defeat at the League leaders. Harry Howell made a rare start, replacing injury victim Shayne Demetrious on the right flank, while Liam Watson returned to the goalkeeping duties.

The hosts were the first to threaten, Craig Davis going close on a couple of occasions before Matt Tubbs dragged his shot wide with only ‘keeper Watson to beat.

However, Woods held firm and began to move the ball around with confidence. And Northwood had a perfectly good penalty appeal turned after a clear handball offence was missed by the referee, although both Gavin Hart and Dean Clark had a chance to convert as the ball ran loose.

Woods continued to make inroads into the Salisbury half and Alistair Heselton went close after beating the last defender but his near post shot went the wrong side of the upright, then Wayne Carter tried his luck with a 25 yard effort that flew over the bar.

Meanwhile, Salisbury were struggling to justify their lofty position at the top of the table as Northwood more than matched them.

However, the hosts were indebted to a defensive error as they opened the scoring on the half hour. James Shipperley failed to intercept a through ball allowing Tubbs a shot on goal, Watson saving the initial effort but helpless to prevent the Salisbury striker from converting the rebound.

The goal lifted the hosts, and they almost extended their lead immediately but Howell was on hand to clear Jon Beswetherick’s goal-bound effort.

At the other end, Woods’ skipper Luke Garrard should have done better after Salisbury failed to clear their lines and with ‘keeper Kevin Sawyer out of position, but his weak shot was retrieved by the Salisbury stopper.

Salisbury finished the half strongly and after Paul Sales had seen a headed goal disallowed for an infringement, the killer goal duly arrived after 42 mins. The Northwood defence was caught napping as the Tubbs ran through unchallenged before slotting the ball beyond Watson for his second of the afternoon.

Manager Colin Payne made a double substitution at the break as they looked for a way back. Darren Grieves was added to the attack, with Howell making way while Billy Matthews replaced Shipperley in central defence.

Despite their attacking intentions Woods were failing to make any impressions on an organised Salisbury defence and their fate was sealed as they conceded a third goal on the hour, Craig Davis getting the last touch after Watson was left stranded as a cross deflected off Matthews.

Clark made way for Toms after 67 minutes but there was to be no way back for Northwood as the host continued to create chances, Watson pulling off a point blank saves to deny Tubbs and substitute Robbie Williams.

And Woods’ miserable day was made complete when Matthews received his marching orders for a raised hand against Tubbs ten minutes from time to become the seventh Northwood player to be dismissed this season.