Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Middlesex Senior Cup First Round

Northwood Line-up


Ben Miles



Gavin Hart



Leigh Harrington



Jason O'Connor



Billy Matthews *



Fergus Moore



Luke Garrard



Richard Gell



Alistair Heselton #



Peter Dean



Dean Clark +




Aaron Ferdinand +



Max Howell *



Harry Howell #



David Shaw



Wayne Carter


11 Clark 1-0
18 Hart 2-0
39 Heselton 3-0

 Northwood 3  Ruislip Manor 1

Report by Robin Piper

There was to be no upset as Northwood comfortably overcame their near neighbours to progress into the next round.

Manager Colin Payne fielded a strong side, which included a first start for keeper Ben Miles, a return after suspension for Fergus Moore and Richard Gell, while Alistair Heselton and Leigh Harrington regained their places in the starting XI.

The Manor were the first to show as James White tried his luck from distance, the shot sailing wide of the upright.

But the visitors’ bright start was to prove a false dawn  as captain for the night Dean Clark fired Woods ahead in the 11th Minute. Ruislip failed to clear a corner, the ball falling to Clark who made no mistake with a shot inside the near post.

Northwood looked to consolidate their early advantage, but both Heselton  and  Gell off-target with their long range efforts.

However, Woods’ dominance was confirmed as  Hart made it 2-0 after 18 minutes, Heselton the provider after a sweeping move involving Clark and Dean.

It was proving to be one-way traffic as Northwood threatened to overrun their Spartan South Midlands rivals. Harrington saw his shot cleared off the line by Lee Gritt while Clark was keen to try his luck once again from distance, his effort clearing the bar.

Ruislip were struggling to make an impression, although the hard working Frankie Altomare had a couple of rare half chances, Miles dealing comfortably with his first effort before he was off target with another shot.

And any hopes Ruislip had of staging a comeback were firmly quashed five minutes before the break as Heselton made the tie safe, controlling Richard Gell’s chipped through-ball on his chest before nonchalantly slipping the ball past Steve Flower in the Manor goal.

The Northwood faithful were hoping for more of the same in the second half but despite having a monopoly on the possession they failed to add to their tally.

The visitors had keeper Watson to thank as he denied Clark, Billy Matthews, and Hart in quick succession.

Northwood made a couple of substitutions with half an hour left on the clock: Aaron Ferdinand replaced the tiring Clark, whilst Max Howell was introduced for the injured Billy Matthews.

Woods had taken their foot off the pedal and Ruislip were beginning to show a little more belief, Altomare finding himself one on one with Miles, but the Woods’ keeper standing up well to quash the threat.

However, Manor gained their consolation goal after 69 minutes after a defensive error. O’Connor was the guilty party as he presented the ball to Altomare, his shot being saved by Miles who was helpless to prevent James White from converting the rebound.

Conceding the goal seemed to act as a wake up call to Woods, who proceeded to create a number of chances. Luke Garrard , Gell and Dean all went close as the hosts finished the game strongly.

Harry Howell  replaced Heselton with fifteen minutes left on the clock and Northwood secured the win which earns them a home tie against Enfield in the next round.