Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


FA Cup First Qualifying Round 

Northwood Line-up


Lee Carroll



Dave Nolan



Fergus Moore



Danny Butler



Luke Evans #



Shayne Demetrious+



Gavin Hart



Richard Gell



Richard McDonagh



Peter Dean



Luke Townsend *




Ryan Kirkland *



Rob Bixby #



Wayne Carter



Harry Howell +



Dean Lindsay




Kirkland 1-0


Moore 2-0


Moore 3-0

Northwood 3  March Town United 0

 Report by Robin Piper

Northwood cleared the first hurdle on the long road to Wembley as they overcame a spirited March Town United. In an entertaining encounter, the  Eastern Counties outfit will feel hard done by, as they found Woods keeper Lee Carroll in sterling form, a rare brace from defender Fergus Moore & a solitary strike from substitute Ryan Kirkland enabling Northwood to progress.

Caretaker manager Gary Farrell shuffled the pack following last Saturday’s draw with Team Bath, Dave Nolan slotting into the right back birth in place of injury victim Max Howell, Shayne Demetrious returned to the midfield, while there was a debut for Luke Townsend on loan from Q.P.R. However, Townsend’s afternoon was short lived as he departed with a suspected broken wrist, Ryan Kirkland replacing him after only 8 minutes.

And it was the substitute who opened the scoring after 10 minutes, rifling the ball home from a Demetrious pull back following a strong run from Peter Dean.

March responded well, and Carroll brought off the first of a succession of  smart saves, spectacularly turning away a Daniel Moyes free-kick. Carroll was then on hand to deny Harry Roe & Ashley Brand as the visitors began to dominate proceedings with Northwood unable to enjoy any quality possession.

However, Woods had chances to close the tie in the closing stages of an entertaining opening half, Kirkland being the guilty party. Firstly he was denied by keeper Chris Anker as he swivelled on a loose ball in the box before he found the side netting following a sweeping move. The Northwood striker was denied once again by Anker before a glaring miss in stoppage time. Richard Gell provided the through ball to Kirkland, who did the hard work as he rounded Anker but fired against the cross-bar with the goal at his mercy.

Woods made a couple of tactical changes at the break, Gell pushing forward, Kirkland moving onto the left flank and Demetrious switching to the right. And the changes seemed to benefit the hosts as they created a number of openings, Gell bringing a fine save from Anker while Gavin Hart spurned a couple of openings.

Woods continued to threaten but found the March keeper in fine form, Anker twice denying the livewire Peter Dean.

And the visitors seemed to take encouragement enjoying a spell of pressure,  Luke Pepper twice being denied by Carroll in the Northwood goal.

However, for all their possession,  March were unable to find the elusive goal, and the Woods delivered the killer blow in the 79th minute, Fergus Moore drilling home a free kick from just outside the box.

And the Northwood left-back was on hand again moments later as he powered home a header from Richard McDonagh’s  corner to make sure of  Woods place in the next round with seven minutes left on the clock.

There were further chances for Woods as Dean and Butler went close, but there were to be no additions to the scoreline as Northwood savoured their safe passage into the hat for Monday’s draw.