Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Southern League Premier Division

Northwood Line-up


Lee Carroll



Max Howell *



Leigh Harrington



Matt Ruby #



Luke Evans



Shayne Demetrious



Gavin Hart



Chris Gell



Richard Gell



Peter Dean +



Alistair Heselton




Fergus Moore #



Dean Clark *



Harry Howell



Dave Nolan



Dean Lindsay +




Clark 1-3


Clark 2-3


Heselton 3-5

Northwood 3 Mangotsfield United 5

Report by Robin Piper

The Northwood faithful endured another depressing afternoon as Woods’ woeful run continued against in-form Mangotsfield. Northwood took to the field without top scorer Ryan Kirkland who was nursing a hamstring strain, but there was a return for Chris Gell, and a first start for recent recruit Alistair Heselton, in his third spell with the club.

And Woods’ afternoon got off to the worst possible start as the visitors were gifted the opening goal after two minutes, keeper Lee Carroll palming a hopeful far post cross straight to David Seal, who headed home with ease. However, Northwood responded well, Shayne Demetrious trying his luck from distance, his rising shot being deflected wide.

Both sides were creating but squandering chances. Robbie Claridge and the lively Luke Prince were both guilty of glaring misses for Mangotsfield, while Chris Gell was equally guilty, being denied by keeper Danny Greaves after a neat flick from Peter Dean.

But the gathering momentum of the game was interrupted by a half-hour delay after Mangotsfield’s Alex Ball dislocated his shoulder following a heavy fall.

Woods were quickly into their stride after the restart and enjoyed their best spell of the game. Demetrious created a great chance for Dean with a low cross to the far post, the Woods striker finding the side-netting, before Gavin Hart elected to square the ball instead of shooting, with the goal at his mercy.

And the hosts were made to rue the missed chances as Mangotsfield extended their lead on 33 minutes, skipper Luke Evans impeding Dave Anyinsah in the box, and Drew Shore converting the resulting penalty.

Northwood made a change at half-time as they looked to get back into the game, Dean Clark replacing Max Howell as the hosts adopted a more attacking formation.

However, Woods hopes were dashed after keeper Carroll was given his marching orders seven minutes into the half. Matt Ruby under-hit an attempted back-pass to Carroll who upended the on-rushing Prince, Shore making no mistake with the spot-kick for his second of the afternoon.

Substitute keeper Dean Lindsay came off the bench with Dean being sacrificed as Northwood appeared to accept their fate.

However, Woods launched a mini revival as they pulled two goals back in as many minutes through the mercurial Clark. Firstly he lifted the ball over keeper Greaves on 62 minutes after Harrington’s through-ball, and two minutes later he scored from the penalty spot after Heselton was bundled over by Gary Warren.

But Northwood’s propensity to gift the opposition soft goals was to halt their gallant comeback, David Seal firing home unchallenged after 65 minutes to record his second of the afternoon and restore Mangotsfield’s two goal advantage.

And the final nail in the Woods coffin was driven home by substitute Tom Warren in the 77th minute, finishing a quick break after Demetrious had lost possession on the halfway line.

However, there was still time for Heselton to grab a consolation in stoppage time as he lifted the ball beyond the advancing Greaves, but that was little comfort for a Northwood side who now themselves four points adrift at the foot of the table.