Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Southern League Premier Division

Northwood Line-up


Lee Carroll



Max Howell



Fergus Moore



Dave Nolan+



Luke Evans



Shayne Demetrious#



Gavin Hart



Chris Gell



Richard Gell *



Peter Dean



Ryan Kirkland




Harry Howell #



Richard McDonagh *



Rob Bixby +



Wayne Carter



Dean Lindsay




Kirkland 1-2

 Chippenham Town 3  Northwood 1

 Report by Alan Evans

Despite looking the better side for much of the first-half, poor discipline led to this, the Woods’ third defeat in three games since the season began a week earlier.

With Darren Grieves ruled out through illness, there was a place in the starting line-up for new signing Richard Gell. who was linking up with twin brother Chris for the first time since they were teenagers. Sadly there was no happy ending for the clan with a poor tackle from Chris Gell just before half-time leading to a straight red card, leaving the Woods with a mountain to climb.

They started brightly enough, with Max Howell – playing in an unfamiliar wing-back role – getting forward and firing in a shot which stung the hands of Chippenham goalkeeper Steve Perrin after just two minutes.

Just six minutes later, the home side were gifted the lead. Fergus Moore played a short back-pass to Lee Carroll and though there was time to clear safely, the Woods goalkeeper smashed the ball straight at the player closing him down and Dave Gilroy was left with the simple task of slipping the loose ball into an empty net.

It didn’t stop Northwood pushing forward, dominating the midfield area, and Peter Dean went close to taking his personal tally to three goals in three games when a 25-yard strike beat Perrin but crashed against the crossbar.

At the other end, Gilroy fired over following an impressive build-up as the Bluebirds showed what they were capable of, but Northwood hit back with an effort from Ryan Kirkland which Perrin dealt with comfortably.

It was just before the break that the momentum changed. Chris Gell lost control of the ball as he tried to launch a counter-attack and went to ground as he tried to win the ball back. Though he didn’t connect with Chippenham’s Ian Herring, referee Warren Atkin saw it as reckless and produced a red card for the long-serving midfielder. Two home players were also cautioned for their involvement in the melee that had followed.

Things got worse for the Woods soon after the restart. Richard McDonagh replaced the tiring Richard Gell and after 56 minutes a long-throw caught out the Woods ten men, and Gilroy was able to race straight through and score his second. Then makeshift centre-half Dave Nolan was cut on the head during a challenge and was also forced off with Rob Bixby coming on for his first action of the season.

Showing good character, Northwood hit back with Gavin Hart volleying wide after good work from Dean and then Shayne Demetrious went close with an effort which flashed across the face of the goal. On 72 minutes Dean knocked in a free-kick and Ryan Kirkland turned in the loose ball from six yards.

Any hope of a gallant fight-back ended with three minutes as Gilroy broke free of a poor defence once again to chip Carroll and complete his hat-trick.

From there on it was just more indiscipline from both sides as the card happy Atkin added more names to a notebook which ended up with nine yellow cards and one red.