Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Southern League Premier Division 

Northwood Line-up


Liam Watson



Gary Meakin


Fergus Moore



Billy Matthews *



James Shipperley



Rob Courtnage #



Luke Garrard



Wayne Carter


Alistair Heselton +


Peter Dean



Gavin Hart



Darren Grieves  +



Jason O'Connor *



Aaron Ferdinand #



Harry Howell


Elliott Buchanan




Dean 1-1


Shipperley 2-5

Cheshunt 5  Northwood 2

 Report by Robin Piper

Northwood suffered a calamitous evening as they as they were soundly beaten by Cheshunt in the eagerly awaited “six pointer” relegation battle.

Woods conceded three soft goals and to add insult to injury they had to spend most of the second half with stand-in keeper Gary Meakin between the sticks after Liam Watson had been dismissed for a handball offence.

Saturday’s goalscorer Shayne Demetrious was deemed unfit and with Dean Clark still suffering with his hamstring, there was a first start for new signing Rob Courtnage on the left flank, whilst Meakin replaced Dave Nolan at right back.

Cheshunt were quickly on the attack as their pacy forward line immediately asked questions of the Northwood defence. And the hosts took a deserved lead in the 7th minute, Lloyd Opara giving Watson no chance with a fine strike from outside the box.

Northwood responded well, with Alistair Heselton testing home ‘keeper Michael Kalli with a shot on the turn after a quickly taken free-kick. The Woods were level on 23 minutes, Peter Dean delivering an emphatic finish from just inside the box after a neat move involving Courtnage and Heselton.

Chances continued to be created at either end. Dewayne Clark was narrowly wide with a volley for Cheshunt whilst Heselton dragged his shot wide of the far post after working an opening for himself.

But the game turned as Northwood conceded two identical Michael Deane free-kicks in the 41st and 44th minutes. Both  free-kicks were taken from the touchline in line with the edge of the box and both caught the arctic wind to deceive both defence and keeper, and nestle in the far corner of the goal.

If Watson needed any confirmation that it wasn’t going to be his night, he was left in no doubts on 52  minutes after he received a straight red card for handling  a shot outside his box. Meakin donned the gloves but he was soon in the action as his attempted clearance rebounded off the advancing Opara who rolled the ball into the empty net to make it 4-1 in the 55th minute.

Jason O’Connor replaced Billy Matthews in defence, whilst Darren Grieves was introduced for Heselton. But there was further humiliation for Woods as Clark  made it five goals for Cheshunt with a tap-in after Steve Obeng’s shot was deflected into his path.

Parity of some sort was restored after Obeng received his marching orders for an off the ball incident with James Shipperley. And Shipperley gained a consolation for Woods with his first goal for the club, following up after Fergus Moore’s free-kick had been blocked to reduce the arrears with ten minutes left on the clock.

Aaron Ferdinand replaced Courtnage for the closing minutes and there was time for two disallowed goals for Dean and Grieves, a foul on the keeper and an offside respectively.

But the final whistle couldn’t come quickly enough on a thoroughly disappointing evening for Northwood, a result that puts a severe dent in their hopes of avoiding relegation.