Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Southern League Premier Division 

Northwood Line-up


Liam Watson



Dave Nolan



Fergus Moore



Jason O'Connor *



James Shipperley



Wayne Carter #



Luke Garrard



Darren Grieves +



Alistair Heselton



Peter Dean



Gavin Hart




Billy Matthews *



Gary Meakin



Shayne Demetrious  +



Harry Howell  #



Carl McCluskey


Bedford Town 4  Northwood 0

 Report by Robin Piper 

A three goal burst five minutes either side of half-time condemned Northwood to their third defeat in four games.

There were a number of changes to the line up following the previous Saturday’s home defeat. Woods  welcomed back goalkeeper Liam Watson and defender Jason Shipperley whilst Gary Meakin made way for Dave Nolan at right back.  Darren Grieves returned to partner Peter Dean in attack with Alistair Heselton moving onto the right flank, while Dean Clark missed out with his on going hamstring problem.

Having survived an early scare when Bedford’s Ian Draycott was narrowly wide with an overhead attempt, Northwood settled well. Gavin Hart squandered a wonderful opportunity to give Woods an early lead but he could only shoot weakly at ‘keeper Ian Brown after breaking clear of the home defence.

At the other end, Watson was quickly off his line to deny Eddie Lawley after he was put through by Carl Williams.

Northwood continued to threaten and the hosts were indebted to Brown as he pulled off a couple of  near post saves to deny Dean and Luke Garrard in quick succession. However, Woods suffered a setback as the Eagles took a 30th minute lead slightly against the run off play. Hart was the guilty party as he lost possession, Draycott running through to coolly lift the ball over the advancing Watson.

Northwood made an adjustment as they looked for a reply, Dean moving onto the right flank with Heselton moving into a central attacking role. But it was defensive frailty that cost Woods dear before the break. Jason O’Connor missed his tackle on Rene Howe who squared the ball for Carl Williams to apply a simple far post tap in to extend Bedford’s lead two minutes before the break.

And things got even worse for Northwood in the final minute of the half, Howe being afforded far too much space before delivering an emphatic finish into the far corner to give the Eagles a three goal half-time lead.

If Woods entertained any hopes of a comeback, they were quickly extinguished as they conceded a fourth goal two minutes after the restart. Draycott left O’Connor floundering with a neat turn before giving Watson no chance with a neat finish to put the game beyond Northwood.

Billy Matthews and Shayne Demetrious were introduced for O’Connor and Grieves respectively as Woods looked to gain some consolation from a disappointing afternoon. But it wasn’t to be Northwood’s day. Heselton was foiled by the woodwork while Woods were unfortunate after ‘keeper Brown appeared to take Nolan’s cross behind the goal-line.

Bedford went close to extending their lead, Watson dealing comfortably with headers from Draycott and Tom Bonner.

Wayne Carter made way for Harry Howell for the closing minutes but Woods were restricted to a couple of speculative Demetrious’ efforts as the curtain came down on a Northwood defeat which sees them drop a place to sit one position above the safety zone.