Senior teams sponsors

Stadium sponsors

Youth section sponsors


Southern League Premier Division

Northwood Line-up


Adam Federici



Dave Nolan #



Luke Garrard



Matt Ruby



Fergus Moore



Richard Gell +



Gavin Hart



Shayne Demetrious



Frazer Toms *



Peter Dean



Ian Savage




Alistair Heselton +



Dean Clark *



Max Howell #



Harry Howell



Billy Matthews


Northwood 0  Bath City 3

 Report by Robin Piper

 It was the 5th of November but there were to be no fireworks from a Northwood side who failed to ignite and were soundly beaten by a Bath outfit who held all the sparklers.

With the midweek departure of Chris Gell and the arrival of some new faces, there was a fresh look to the Woods line-up. New signing Luke Garrard made his debut in the right wing-back role while fellow newcomer Ian Savage took his place in centre midfield. Gavin Hart switched to the left flank in place of injury victim Leigh Harrington, Shayne Demetrious replacing Dean Clark in the attacking midfield role.

Both sides began at a fair tempo, Bath’s Tony Bird firing a free-kick into the arms of Northwood keeper Adam Federici while at the other end, visiting custodian Paul Evans was almost caught out by Peter Dean’s cross-come-shot which drifted narrowly over the back post.

Chances were at a premium in the opening quarter but after 18mins Northwood conceded a soft opener. Garrard committed the foul down by the corner flag, skipper Jon Holloway heading home Andy Sandell’s whipped in free-kick to give Bath the lead.

As the visitors looked to extend their lead, Federici had to be on his toes to deny Barry McConnell’s close range shot before the Woods stopper dealt comfortably with Adrian Harris’s header.

Northwood were looking increasingly disjointed and unable to retain any quality possession as Bath continued to dominate: Gavin Hart’s half-volley from the edge of the box which sailed well wide was a rare moment of attacking intent from Woods.

The visitors continued to threaten, Tony Bird firing his free-kick wide of  goal, Phil Walsh then hitting a weak shot at Federici, whilst Gethin Jones was well wide with a long range effort.

However, on the stroke of half-time, Shayne Demetrious tested keeper Evans with a 25-yard effort which the Bath stopper tipped over the bar.

And Woods continued in a similar vein after the restart, with Clark on as a replacement for Frazer Toms. There were appeals for hand-ball as Demetrious’ shot was blocked in the box, while Garrard put in a low cross to the far post where Dean scooped over from close-range, his blushes spared by an offside flag.

Northwood were finally putting some promising moves together, Clark seeing his shot blocked following a sweeping move before Fergus Moore directed his header from Clark’s corner into the arms of Evans.

At the other end, Federici was enjoying another fine game, being on hand to foil efforts from Walsh and Jones.

The game was now flowing from end to end, Dean bringing the best out of South African international Evans who palmed away the Northwood striker’s 25-yard curling effort before Federici was called into action once again to block substitute Jim Rollo’s goal-bound shot.

However, the wind was taken out of Woods sails in a three minute spell around the hour mark. Federici had no answer to Sandell’s unerring shot into the bottom corner from the edge of the box to extend Bath’s lead on 27 mins before the Woods’ keeper was unable to hold onto Rollo’s fierce drive, Adrian Harris converting the rebound to make it 3-0 in the 29th minute.

There was to be no way back for Northwood who introduced Alistair Heselton for Richard Gell in a vain attempt to gain something from a disappointing afternoon. In fact, it was Bath who threatened to extend their lead in the closing stages. Sandell finding the body of Federici while the latter denied substitute Scott Partridge following a mazy run

But there were to be no further additions to the scoreline which leaves Woods further adrift at the foot off the table.